Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer man. I'm still tooling around and having fun but am just waiting for that shit to happen to me. There is definitely some fun shit here and I hate to say it, but Saint's Row 2 will probably be so much better if they follow the same trajectory as the original games.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Had some AMAZING Fortnite game last night. Going to see if I can grab that replay and edit it down. Whole team but me got fucked. Wiped the team that killed them. Grabbed my boyz and hauled ass with a storm closing in. Made it to the revive bus. Got the revive. We plow through everyone else and get the Victory. Felt good man.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Unless this game sold GANG BUSTERS I don't think we will be seeing a sequel to this SR. Between this and Agents of Mayhem I think Volition needs to step back and work on something without an open world. Or embrace chaos and finally give us another Red Faction where shit blowing up and falling apart is the point.

Fortnite is so fucking fun. I have been taking it easy on it since I completely stacked the battle pass and quests. Don't want to burn myself out.

Looks like I will get my Steamdeck order email this week, so hopefully that's in hand next week.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a bummer because I kind of actually dig this open world in SR. It's just different than most but of course if it's not the BEST GAME EVER it gets shit on by the net and OH NO THE METACRITIC SCORE nonsense. I mean, I'm all for games and everything else getting reviewed and whatnot, but the extremes that people go get so fucking tiring. On both sides.

Like Saint's Row - yeah it's okay. Definitely not the worst game ever made. Definitely not the best game ever made. It's a solid C. Is it worth 60 bucks? Depends on how much fun you can find and get out of it. These self-entitled assholes who are like "THIS SHOULD BE A 20 GAME" have no fucking clue how the real world works. It's fucking ridiculous. IT's why studios keep pumping out the same bullshit year after year. Indies are cool and all, but at a certain point I can only play so many "retro style castlevania/dragonquest/FinalFantasy3 pixel clones" and the like. Basically what I'm saying is I have no idea what I'm saying. I just want to play some fun shit and get more fun shit to play. And yeah, level 100 has been hit in Fortnite, Shenron was grabbed yesterday with minutes to spare (stupid campfire healing...never a campfire around when you need one), and I'll keep playing this with Destiny 2 and Sea of Thieves until these all die.

So I guess I'm part of the problem : /

Comment

• The issue for me is it's a total middle of the road game, but the bugs and fucking bizarre/terrible control choices are unforgivable. It shipped in such a buggy state that shouldn't have been allowed. Six months to polish bugs would have done so much for the game. Then it would just be a kind of B Game open world crime game, but a good sandbox to fuck around in. Instead you're fighting against bug after bug after bug and that sucks. I watched the Giant Bomb quick look and in the middle of it the game just changed the main characters voice AND the emotes that were equipped. That's not game breaking, but holy shit what a weird and big bug that should have been fixed. i've seen videos of a lot other world breaking bugs too, and if Volition at least said hey, we know it's broke, here's a patch coming within 2 weeks I would feel better. Last I checked their twitter it was just BUY THIS SHIT.

Comment

• So strange. I've run into one bug and it was just a graphical glitch but you're not wrong. And in this case they did fucking PUSH THIS SHIT back like 6 months. I have no idea what was fixed in those 6 months, but it should have been longer. And yeah, the controls are ridiculous. IT's like they knew they had to make this game with accessibility in mind but instead of a good starting point default they were all like "Here are a million options, have fun finding what works for you fuckers..." They spent so much time with display shit in the beginning but hardly any time on controls that once I made it through the tutorial, it took me 5 days to want to try to make it past the fucking opening credits.

BUT HEY LOOK AT OUR CUSTOMIZATION FOR YOUR BOSS EVERYONE!!!

....and no male cockney accent...gtfo

Comment

• The boss sharing doesn't work for me. Awful.

Comment

• Sharing? We should try to fuck around in co-op once and see what else we can break.

Comment

• You can share and download people's boss designs. I tried to do it and the server just sat there trying to retrieve.

Comment

• Ah, I never download other people's nonsense in games like these. The fun is making your own monstrosities. That being said, I did see some ridiculous boss designs when they released the free Boss Maker thing a few weeks ago.

Comment

• So I checked out those Bosses that people have made. JFC. There are some amazing ones on there. I had no idea. Fucking Butcher from The Boys, The Rock, Kanye, etc... and they all look so goddamn good.

I just don't have the money to buy them yet but I saved a few to play with later on.

Ran into a bunch of bugs last night during some missions. Disappearing walls, clipping through things, etc....but one actually worked out in my advantage during a mission where I had to use a monster truck to kill a bunch of people. The boss kept killing me because by the time they show up, my car would be almost dead. But yesterday they ran into a light pole and got stuck and I was able to ram them on their back and the car just exploded and I beat it.

Ok. lol.

Last night my brother, his friend, and I had some quick fun on "The Seaward" in Sea of Thieves. I had like 40 mins to kill before bed so we took my brig out, popped on a gold hoarder flag, and set off for adventure. Found a player sloop chilling by some island so we went full sail directly into them and started them on fire. They quit. We took their loot. Then we saw a brig in the distance. Took off towards them, got close, they decided to run, we chased them for about 15 mins before we were able to chainshot their mast to slow them down. Started them on fire, they quit, took their loot. Ended up making a decent amount of rep and cash thanks to that. Fun stuff.

Comment

• Man. It sounds like Saint's Row sold gangbusters. Number 1 in UK. 9th in Japan on PS4!

Comment

• Hopefully that means they'll patch it up? Still tooling around in it but man, the world feels so lifeless. Hardly any cars on the freeways and shit, pop in galore, etc...WHERE IS MY NEXT GEN POWER BEING USED?

Comment

• They should have built down from a PS5/Series X version, but they built up from PS4/Xbox One. Stupid idea. I am hoping it gets patched too.

Comment

• I am so glad that the new Gotham KNights game is like "FUCK YOU OLD GAMERS. IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS. UPGRADE"

Played a bunch of the new Destiny 2 "PIRATES IN SPACE" shit last night with our clan. Fun shit. My guy is looking awesome in his new cyberpunkish pirate outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                X