Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, with WFH where I am at now PC gaming drives me crazy. I slide from the right side of my desk to my left side when I am ready to relax. I want to walk the fuck away, go to another room. I want a steamdeck SO BAD so I can play PC games without an issue. I can use the Backbone, but it's not perfect and Steam remote play can be finicky. When I get a Steamdeck I am sure my gaming PC will be just for mouse keyboard exclusive games like WoW and strategy.

Meanwhile I am watching prices on mini PC's for Sarah and her Sims playing. It may be her Xmas gift this year.

Comment

• Yeah, soooo torn. I mean, again, don't give a shit about games for the most part anymore as I hate gaming on my computer because of the exact issue you are describing. Being upstairs by myself at the same desk I'm at all day at work just to turn my head to game is miserable. I know once we finally find a place I'll have a bit more room BUT I still don't want to be shackled to one room BUT my in my heart I know I need a full sized RIG for the shit I want to do unless I drop 3k+ on a lappy. I keep going back and forth and think I'll try to find the lappy I want AND then try to rebuild the exact setup and see what the price difference is. If it's a grand or more then I may just have to rethink this whole thing. Lesley makes the best point in so much that I love the freedom to be on the couch working on things and watching TV with her then being sequestered upstairs. The perfect solution was a place we lived in like a decade ago where I had my full PC setup in the corner of the living room so I could still do my editing and shit but also be in conversation with her and watching TV but I told her that's not going ot happen again as I know that she wasn't a fan.

I just want a goddamn PC that I can do my 3d renders on without it taking like 8 hours at a time. I haven't upgraded a normal rig in like a decade. The last machine I pieced together is still in the same configuration. It's just in my closet at the moment as I don't have room AND it's the only PC where specific programs I NEED to do the podcast still work. But I never was like "I'll just upgrade the processor, or the GPU, or whatever." I build a machine, run it into the ground, and build a new one. Which is why a Lappy may make more sense overall even if it's more expensive and less powerful.

UGH. I hate deciding on major purchases like this.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• OH SHIT Steamdecks all moved up to THIS YEAR. I am fucking hype to get away from this desk, and to get bootleg Xbox and PS Remote play running on it too.

Comment

• Lol. Let me know if that thing is worth the price and how comfortable it is holding it for long periods of time.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Xenochronicles 3. Had a friend tell me I would probably enjoy this because it gets you right into action. Which is true, then it's a ton of cutscenes. I am enjoying it, but right when I got going...Switch battery died. I forgot the big reason I don't play my Switch much is because the battery only lasts 90-120 minutes MAX. Guess I will look into if I can replace it myself.

Comment

• I loved the second one until I got to a point where I was completely stuck, took a month break, and then came back and had forgotten how to play the game.

The new season update in Sea of Thieves is pretty great. Hung out with the crew on my newly christened boat.

Comment

• Still rocking bitches in Destiny. almot done with The Witch Queen and almost max level before the season soft reset.

Comment

• I’m nearing level 30 in Cyberpunk, street cred 46.

I’ll start the no-return mission as soon it’s attained.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• After that, Prey is next.

Comment

• Cult of the Lamb is awesome. Really enjoying it, and the sense of humor is fun. More management sim than I expected, but nothing is super difficult or tough like in a Simcity or anything.

Fortnite. Wtf. I got into Fortnite. The no build is awesome. I come in top 5 in like 3/4 of my matches, and I've been top 3 a dozen times. I have come in 2nd 4 times today. I won once, but can't get over the hill again. I am already halfway through the battle pass. This will hold me over for a shooter until COD.

Comment

• Jumped into a NG+ of Miles Morales. Probably still the best PS5 exclusive.

Comment

• I still prefer the original i think. I almost 100% that but with Miles, I beat it and haven't gone back. Maybe I should try again.

Comment

• Decided to beat Cyberpunk.

Got the Devil ending, fitting my path, despite good boning of Panam. I sure as fuck didn’t know I could save Takemura.

Neat game. What ending did you get Rob? (Cant find your post).

Next up: Prey and Ghost of Tsushima.

Comment

• Played like 6 rounds of Fortnite last night and got 3 victory royales. In one match I got 11 kills, and in the follow up match I dropped and immediately murdered 5 people. Shit man, fortnite rules. The gunplay is so loose compared to a COD or especially a PUBG that I have no stress or concern when I die, I just jump right back in. I got a video playing or podcast, and just happily run around as Indiana Jones with an Evangelion backpack killing.

Comment

• Rollerdrome today! Fucking hype for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X