Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some brig in Sea decided to fight me last night out of the blue. I had just started, saw them coming towards me so I didn't run. Just waved and said hello and cannons started firing. Chainshotted their mast and set their shit on fire, but they had 3 people against just me. Sunk me. I respawned and decided to 100% a mermaid shrine for some commendations. Did that and then Lesley jumped on to get xp for the loot I got. Figured there would be no way that would work as my ship had been sitting in the middle of the map for at least 20 mins unguarded. Finished the shrine, got the loot, turned it in, then saw a reapers chest off the coast of the outpost I was on. We decided to grab that chest just for fun and then I saw that brig following me again. Also saw the pirate cloud in the sky (meaning that if you go near it it will spawn the "Battle for the Sea of the Thieves" which spawns 2 giant skelly gallys) so I went towards that figuring the guys chasing me would turn back. They didn't but I was so far ahead that when the skelly gallys spawned, I blew past them and they turned towards the other ship and promptly fucked them up.

It was glorious.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Wait, you can't use the Twin Husks in NG+?! That seems crazy to me.
      You can use the Twin Husks, but it will only have the default stuff for sale, none of the stuff you unlocked for sale from all the various bell bearings you gave them. You have to get the bell bearings again in NG+ and give them to the twin husks to get access to that stuff again. So stock up on a shitload of smithing stones and glovewort before going to NG+ if you plan on leveling a different weapons or spirits. Or get them to max or close to max level before going to NG+.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, sorry I meant you don't get to keep all the items in the store. That seems incredibly dumb.

I beat Godfrey. Went back to Haligtree. That section after Loretta with the rot knights, trees, etc fucking BLOWS.

Comment

• It's preparing you for the true end boss of the game.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, not looking forward to Miqella or whatever her name is. The names in this game are ridiculous.

Comment

• Down to Melinia and Radagon. I am flipping between them, and once I stop making progress I stop and take a break. I downloaded Bloodborne again figuring let me try this again. Does it somehow run even WORSE on a PS5? The frame dips and screen tearing are fucking awful and legitimately made me feel sick in the opening areas.

I am debating grabbing DS2 and DS3 on Steam next time I see them on sale. And if I beat Melinia I may grab Sekiro.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Down to Melinia and Radagon. I am flipping between them, and once I stop making progress I stop and take a break. I downloaded Bloodborne again figuring let me try this again. Does it somehow run even WORSE on a PS5? The frame dips and screen tearing are fucking awful and legitimately made me feel sick in the opening areas.

I am debating grabbing DS2 and DS3 on Steam next time I see them on sale. And if I beat Melinia I may grab Sekiro.
                It runs better on PS5 but that's not saying much. It had a lot of issues they never patched on PS4 and it never got a PS4 Pro patch to at least run at an unlocked framerate so yeah it's not a great running game. I still think it's my favorite one though.

Might want to get the other games on console maybe if online is important? I don't think they patched the big security hole in those games on PC yet, they just shut the servers off instead. Or just play offline. Those do all run well on console, unlike Bloodborne.

If you do play Bloodborne, make sure you get the Old Hunters DLC, it is very good, Fromsoftware's best DLC.

Comment

• Bloodborne is balls on PS5. So lame they didn't upgrade it.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah I won't be going back to Bloodborne unless they do a proper PS5 upgrade patch for the framerate. I tried again last night, and I legitimately felt sick trying to play.

I would probably get DS2/DS3 on console...I actually have a disc copy of DS2 and got like 15% into it when it came out. Sekiro I would get on Steam bc I hate the parry mechanics in From games so i would probably use some cheat engine to help me out.

Comment

• Needed a come down from Elden Ring and banging my head against the final bosses. I did finish the Dung Eater's quest though.

Played like 2 hours of Weird West. It's really cool and I am enjoying it a ton, but the combat is ASSSSS on a controller. Definitely designed with keyboard and mouse in mind. I wish there was some kind of slow down/sticky aiming when using a controller, would make it way better. On game pass so definitely worth checking out.

Also started Guardians of the Galaxy and probably going to spend my afternoon playing it.

Comment

• Finished Elden Ring again.

Comment

• Weird West is neat. Agree with controller issue.

Guardians is one of the best new games and is better than the second flick imo. Star lord is much more interesting in the game. Loved that game.

Finished three more tall tales in Sea of Thieves this weekend. Became a Legendary Kraken Hunter as well. Lesley and I are fucking shit up in this game.

Comment

• I need to slide back in and finish Guardians before I forget the controls.

But, I've got GTA V to beat on a new system again and Lego Star Wars coming on Tuesday.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• https://www.polygon.com/gaming/23010...d-release-2022

OMG!

Comment

• FUCK. YEAH.

Guybrush is the man. And that tweet aged like fine wine. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X