Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God speed. I am mainlining FW and I feel like I barely started despite being like 25 hours in.

Comment

• oh shit. Didn't realize that dropped so soon. I've been slacking on keeping up with shit since I've been jobless. Whats the word on it?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Reviews dropped today. Pretty universal love. I am extremely hyped.

Comment

• Man some of these missions in Cyberpunk are fucking great. I'm kind of a jack of all trades at the moment in so much that I start with quickhacking shit to kill security systems and lure dudes to things I can remotely explode. then I snipe fuckers from across the map before I rush in with my molten blades to finish it up. First RPG in a long time that I'm fully fucking hooked into.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I am not good at Elden Ring but I am having an amazing time. I tried a samurai and confessor (paladin) build, but decided to fuck with a pure mage build because I always struggle with melee. I ended up beating the first two main bosses, and exploring like crazy. I got some "early tips" stuff like how to get an awesome staff early, where to find the seeds (more flasks) and tears (more effective flasks) and then when I got stuck on bosses I said fuck it and looked up guides. I found out the second boss you can totally get an AI summon by going down another corridor and meeting someone.

I have zero shame in using guides for these games. Makes them much more enjoyable for me, and the sense of exploration is SO good. The BOTW comparisons aren't incorrect, but I honestly find this world much more lived in and interesting than the BOTW world. 90% of BOTW is just fields...and fields...and a lake...then a forest. In Elden Ring those forests hide caves with mini bosses that carry talismans, or golden trees with seeds, or a tower with a chest with new armor or weapons. BOTW has you seeking out korok seeds, and in Elden Ring you just never know what to look for. Merchants are all over the place, random NPC's with quests, just tons of shit.

I am debating if I want to go back to the samurai I had going because I just found it far more fun than the mage, but way more difficult.

Comment

• I hope to grab that once I have employment. In the meantime Lesley and Ari and I have been KILLING IT in Sea of Thieves. Finally became a Pirate Legend over the weekend. The new quests that come with that are fucking NUTS. It's a mixture of all of the other company quests so like you are hit with 8 separate quests from GoldDiggers, Order of Souls, and Merchant that take you all over the fucking map BUT the game also knows now (has to) that you're a pirate legend because I've never been attacked by so many goddamn skelly crews and megs and krakens in one game session as I was last night. But it's awesome now. We also FINALLY FULLY KILLED a kraken this weekend. It was amazing fun. Probably my favorite game at the moment especially now that Lesley is all about it.

Comment

• I'm loving Elden Ring so far. I went Astrologer class. Found the uchigatana after doing the Margit fight without it. I guess I missed it in the one dungeon I didn't clear out and mostly just ran through so I went back and got it and now I got my main melee weapon for a while if not the whole game. Ended up beating the second main boss on my first try with my current build, surprisingly.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                I am not good at Elden Ring but I am having an amazing time. I tried a samurai and confessor (paladin) build, but decided to fuck with a pure mage build because I always struggle with melee. I ended up beating the first two main bosses, and exploring like crazy. I got some "early tips" stuff like how to get an awesome staff early, where to find the seeds (more flasks) and tears (more effective flasks) and then when I got stuck on bosses I said fuck it and looked up guides. I found out the second boss you can totally get an AI summon by going down another corridor and meeting someone.

I have zero shame in using guides for these games. Makes them much more enjoyable for me, and the sense of exploration is SO good. The BOTW comparisons aren't incorrect, but I honestly find this world much more lived in and interesting than the BOTW world. 90% of BOTW is just fields...and fields...and a lake...then a forest. In Elden Ring those forests hide caves with mini bosses that carry talismans, or golden trees with seeds, or a tower with a chest with new armor or weapons. BOTW has you seeking out korok seeds, and in Elden Ring you just never know what to look for. Merchants are all over the place, random NPC's with quests, just tons of shit.

I am debating if I want to go back to the samurai I had going because I just found it far more fun than the mage, but way more difficult.
                Heh, I'm basically a Samurai mage with my build. Go find the uchigatana on your astrologer class, that way you have magic still to fall back on when you struggle with melee. I've been doing mostly melee with my Astrologer, but I got my magic to buff my uchigatana when I need it and some spells for ranged fighting or lure an enemy to me. Just get your dexterity and strength to the minimum required for the uchigatana so you can use it. Make sure to level it at the blacksmith. If you really like it, you can change it later so that the weapon will scale with your intelligence stat instead of dexterity.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I’ll have to buy Cyberpunk now…
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                    I'm loving Elden Ring so far. I went Astrologer class. Found the uchigatana after doing the Margit fight without it. I guess I missed it in the one dungeon I didn't clear out and mostly just ran through so I went back and got it and now I got my main melee weapon for a while if not the whole game. Ended up beating the second main boss on my first try with my current build, surprisingly.

Heh, I'm basically a Samurai mage with my build. Go find the uchigatana on your astrologer class, that way you have magic still to fall back on when you struggle with melee. I've been doing mostly melee with my Astrologer, but I got my magic to buff my uchigatana when I need it and some spells for ranged fighting or lure an enemy to me. Just get your dexterity and strength to the minimum required for the uchigatana so you can use it. Make sure to level it at the blacksmith. If you really like it, you can change it later so that the weapon will scale with your intelligence stat instead of dexterity.
                    I started off doing Samurai and just going fucked. I am so bad at melee. I actually very quickly got a warrior up to level 25 and took a run to Margit (killed second attempt) and then got wrecked by the black knight inside the castle. I will probably go back to pure mage soon but it bums me out because it's just not as engaging to play, but will let me see WAY more of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

I started off doing Samurai and just going fucked. I am so bad at melee. I actually very quickly got a warrior up to level 25 and took a run to Margit (killed second attempt) and then got wrecked by the black knight inside the castle. I will probably go back to pure mage soon but it bums me out because it's just not as engaging to play, but will let me see WAY more of the game.
                      I see. Yeah just have to find a weapon you like or vibe with sounds like. Don't feel like you can't do that with any of the classes. They just start you off with certain gear and points in certain stats, nothing that you can't change or make your own as you play. Like I said, I still melee even though I'm a mage. Also that new guard counter with the shield is pretty damn good. I've been using that a lot. Just hold up the shield and push R2 right when the attack hits your shield to counter.

Just switched the ash of war or whatever they are called on my uchigatana, now I'm slicing my hand with the blade to coat it in blood with a little bit of loss of health but for a huge damage increase and swipe that reaches even further. Feel free to mess with that system. I assumed once I changed it I would be stuck with it but it can be swapped out and undone at any time so that's nice. Beat 3 or 4 bosses with that ability really quickly so far.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Oh man, I've been doing like every single side job and gig in Cyberpunk and already maxed out my street cred level and am currently level 32 for my main level. Earlier in the game there is a mission that you can do that sends you to different fight clubs around the city to rise through the ranks to be the best street fighter in all of Neon City. Earlier today I decided to start these up and went to the first one and got my ass handed to me. Like just straight stomped. Decided it was time to retire my mantis blades for a bit and got some gorilla hands installed. Went back to the fighter that beat me (no less than like 10 times) and beat her in 4 punches. Then went to the next guy and beat him in 2 punches. My build is ridiculous at the moment. I'm fucking unstoppable. Finally doing some of the main missions and I'm so goddamn overpowered now these things aren't shit. Love it. I can't remember the last RPG that I did that in. I usually do a few side missions and the like but try to power through the main story. I'm gonna hit everything in this fucking game if possible. Shit, today came across a mission hidden in a mining cave in the middle of the desert next to NOTHING and I found Neon City's "Batman" called "Muck Man". Got a bunch of fucking amazing tech and his fucking souped up roadster and goddamn, it's great.

Comment

• OH MY GOD. I made a barbarian build via Fextralife. I rocked Godric's shit in one attempt. I was fucking NUKING mini bosses. Absolute unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            OH MY GOD. I made a barbarian build via Fextralife. I rocked Godric's shit in one attempt. I was fucking NUKING mini bosses. Absolute unit.
                            Nice! You found a build.

This fucking Blood Strike ash of war I put on my weapon is taking huge chunks of health off of bosses right now. Did the 2nd major boss and she went down fast. Finished it first try. The boss in the room before her I did on my second try. Some boss I stumbled upon later went down 2nd try. Some Black Knight boss I ran into in the open world went down in like 2 or 3 hits.

Comment

• Blood Strike is cool, but I got it on my mage. I am using the War Cry + Zweihander. When it's active the Zwei charge heavy changes to a rushing attack where you basically shoulder check someone into the ground and then knock them down. One or two of those either kill the enemy or break their poise, where you then crit them and boom dead. I crit Godric for like the last 15% of his health. Soooo good.

Comment

• Currently rocking Sea with Lesley and Ari. We're a goddamn beast of a pirate team for what it's worth. Even with Ari's Kraken Nutsack Hat.

Comment

Working...
                                X