Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what features are only on the new ones?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      what features are only on the new ones?
      It might not kick in until tomorrow was the main game starts going live, but stadium advantages and various tracking methods and shifting weather patterns.

EX. If you play a game in Denver and it's raining in Denver that day, the game is going to have rain. Also, you get live reports in game from how the real NFL games are going. Plus, your characters break down or improve in real time.

The stat tracking is available in both versions. However, the XBOX Series Whatever gets more in the moment perks. The stadium thing is only on Series Whatever where certain teams get perks alongside everything else. You play in Denver, the oxygen is thin and hard to catch your breath. Cleveland creates red zone issues. Kansas City has crowd noise issues that make it hard to change commands or calls. New England gives perks to stage comebacks and make it harder for the other team to stop you.

Things like that.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• hurm. neat.

I may end up grabbing this at some point when I have nothing else to play.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

It might not kick in until tomorrow was the main game starts going live, but stadium advantages and various tracking methods and shifting weather patterns.

EX. If you play a game in Denver and it's raining in Denver that day, the game is going to have rain. Also, you get live reports in game from how the real NFL games are going. Plus, your characters break down or improve in real time.

The stat tracking is available in both versions. However, the XBOX Series Whatever gets more in the moment perks. The stadium thing is only on Series Whatever where certain teams get perks alongside everything else. You play in Denver, the oxygen is thin and hard to catch your breath. Cleveland creates red zone issues. Kansas City has crowd noise issues that make it hard to change commands or calls. New England gives perks to stage comebacks and make it harder for the other team to stop you.

Things like that.
          So I'm guessing that means in Houston the team is only allowed to play decent in one half or the other? That seems to be their only "advantage" at home.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Been sucked back in to MTG Arena thanks to the new DnD expansion.

If anyone plays MTG (it's free!) on PC let me know.

Comment

• I'm deep in Stellaris and still have no idea if I'm playing correctly or not.

Comment

• Tales of Arise demo is out on consoles. Love the Tales series but haven't played one in a long time. Excited for this one. Going to play tonight.

Didn't get to try Humankind yet. Sarah has FOUR D&D games online this week, so we hung out last night. Gonna try and play tonight.

Comment

• Tried Humankind and it didn't suck me in. I made the mistake of saying "I've played a game like this before" so it then it was like fuck your tutorials. Wandered around for a bit, leveled up to Egyptian, turned it off.

Comment

• After about 10 hours in Stellaris I won my first battle. Ended up in a system overrun with abandoned mining robots when trying to survey it with my science ship. Fucks drove me off and stopped my expansion. Spent forever just slowly building up 3 fleets of fighters and destroyers. Whooped their ass when my armada FTL'd into the system and caught them off guard.

Booyah.

Comment

• Tales of Arise demo is fun. It is a GORGEOUS game, and the combat is fast and snappy. Lot of fun. Will definitely grab this at some point. Debating grabbing Scarlet Nexus while it's on sale.

I was always intimidated by Stellaris. Shit sounds punishing.

Comment

• Stellaris has what seems like millions of things happening all at once yet I'm not focusing on most of those. Shit can be so granular and just the government stuff can give me anxiety if I think about it too much. AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING? WILL THIS START A WAR?!

lol, but past that it reminds me sort of like EVE Online as in most of the time I'm staring at icons and timers waiting for the next thing. Kind of my zone out game at the moment actually. And since it's quick resume, I just pop it up for a few minutes at a time to build shit or survey shit.

Ended up finding a system that currently has over 10k aliens in a fucking invasion armada just sitting like 2 systems away from a Starbase I built. They seem to be protecting a blue dwarf star or something that is valuable. Right now I'm just buying as many ships as I can and trying to get lucky with my research projects.

Comment

• Kinda curious to get an Arcade1Up cabinet. Anyone here know if they're any good?
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Kinda curious to get an Arcade1Up cabinet. Anyone here know if they're any good?
                            They're fine but crazy overpriced. You can build a mame cabinet for way less.

Comment

• Yeah what billy said. Shit, you could spend a hundred more and get a built MAME cabinet filled with shit. But if you don't want to go that route, then they're totally fine and passable for what they are. Get a riser.

That being said, I only want the goddamn PacMan cabinet. My favorite game.

Comment

• I played Stellaris for like 7 hours yesterday. Shit has me fucking hooooooked. I'm working the long con at the moment with a race of stupid bugs. Sent them an envoy to "repair" relations so they'll re-open their borders to my people. Once they do, a fleet of cruisers and destroyers shall rain fire down on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X