Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii U

OK, let's discuss.

No idea what to think. They didn't even show the console. I didn't expect tech specs in the presentation, but not having an actual console to show is worrisome. We saw a lot of games coming to PC/360/PS3, which is GREAT for Nintendo...but is that how powerful it is? If so, bad move Nintendo. Love that EA is going to be on the system and it seems to have legit 3rd party support.

Now, that controller, on first thought looks amazing. But how heavy is it? If it's as heavy as my Xoom (which I think is pretty reasonable) then gaming more than 45 minutes will be a fight. And I do NOT under any circumstances want to play with the tablet controller, wiimote, and nunchuk at once. That's a fucking hassle.

I would also love to get to stream 3DS games to my TV and control using the tablet controller.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-ninten...u-203141.phtml

The actual console, which wasn't shown during the presentation. No wonder, yeesh that is plain.

Comment

Yeah, it's interesting. Not sure what to think of it either, so far. They turned the iPad into a controller. You can see a little of the DS influence there, maybe some of the half-assed PSP/PSVita-PS3 connectivity too.

I wonder how long until Sony turns the PSVita into the new PS3/PS4 controller.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post

The actual console, which wasn't shown during the presentation. No wonder, yeesh that is plain.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

360mini.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

And I do NOT under any circumstances want to play with the tablet controller, wiimote, and nunchuk at once. That's a fucking hassle.
            In truth, there are days when I long for the simplicity of the Atari 2600 joystick.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

don't give a shit

great it'll cost like $500 and be impossible to find and then I'll play it for a month and then be stuck with a glorified doorstop

in conclusion fuck you Nintendo
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Totes want.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Actually, I'll stand in line to buy two and sell them both.

Comment

I think the tech looks awesome, but I don't think I want to play any games on it. If they had an XBLA level store I would be more excited, because the indie games would probably be insane on it.

Comment

Nintendo has a weird stance on indie games. They'll take accomplished devs who aren't part of larger publishers but they turn their noses at garage devs. So, I would imagine a XBLA type store but not Live Indies.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                        whoop there it is.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I can't wait to see what they come up with this. I've always been a fan of whatever Nintendo does. They earned that from me. I still play my Wii but the biggest thing that bums me out about my wii? No easy to use friend list/online. That's honestly it. The non HD shit doesn't bother me, but it's too much of a pain in the ass to play online.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                            Not difficult since you apparently have nothing else to do. Fuck it, I'll pay you to stand in line and get one for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                              Not difficult since you apparently have nothing else to do. Fuck it, I'll pay you to stand in line and get one for me.
                              Oh, you'll pay. You... will... pay.

Comment

Working...
                              X