No announcement yet.

It's on "Random": Deep Thoughts with Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nMxB9Ve0fbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• these are the fucking best. His Rogan is great.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        Why does every online guide these days need to be a video or a bullshit ad-view-maximizing multi-page thing? Just show me a fucking map!
        I assume you were looking for Arkham Knight related help. I started to use this site for most of my stupid trophy needs. The trophy guides they provide usually include a map and video for hidden or collection stuff and is posted on a forum so it isn't separated into multiple pages unless the guide is really long. They spoiler tag stuff so you won't be spoiled unless you choose to be. There's even a more in depth guide for all the Riddler crap. I use IGN's guides as well if the trophy guide doesn't have what I want.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Oh man, I used to use the trophy/achievement sites all the time. How did I forget about those? And, yeah, I was going nuts trying to find the last watchtower on Bleaker Island. It wasn't on top of a building! Gonna need a map for those stupid landmines, too. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nMxB9Ve0fbw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
            Tommy Toe Hold, YOUTUBE. It's the best.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I didn't realize Quantum Break also starred Lt. Daniels and Councilman Carcetti!

Comment

• Got my Astro a50 headset today. It's certainly packaged nicely and looks great. I tried them on and they're pretty comfortable and light. They were easy to hook up also. They're charging tonight (internal lithium ion battery) so I'm excited to test them out tomorrow with some CoD and either Geometry Wars or Fantasia.

Comment

• Keep me posted man. Would not mind grabbing a pair if they are decent.

Comment

• Will do! They were quite a bit more than the PS Gold headset I have so I hope they are worth it.

Comment

• A50 update- pretty awesome. Everything is very crisp and clear. There are three settings- movie/music, single-player, and multiplayer. The MP setting drops the bass and boosts treble so you can hear things moving around. The single player mode seems a little better bass-wise but it's still too light for my liking. I didn't try the movie/music setting so maybe that's a little heavier yet. I didn't test out the virtual surround options.

The one weird thing that confused me at first was that you don't turn off the headset with the power button on the headset itself. You have to turn off the power at the base station. I guess that's not a bad thing since it forces me to properly hang the headphone every time I'm done playing. My game room is just a spare bedroom so it's not a big deal but I could see it being annoying in a large media room.

Comment

• Know why consoles will always have a place in the world and PC master race people are fucking dumb? Because consoles JUST WORK. Sometimes sure you have hardware issues like the Red Ring of Death, but Xbox does you a solid and sends you a whole new box. Or a game doesn't run as well as it should, or servers go down...but that happens on PC as often as console.

But when I want my console to do what I want. It fucking does it.

I spent HOURS last night just trying to clone and replace my HDD. Very simple. Install new HDD. Download cloning software. Run cloning tool, disconnect old HDD I am replacing. It took me hours to get the drive to even get recognized by my PC. It showed on my HDD usb to sata caddy, so I knew the drive was good. I was swapping sata cables with my other backup drive and other shit, and finally got it to show...but then one of my sata cables broke while trying to slide back in my backup drive. Fuck.

Then I finally got to run the cloning tool and...failed clone. Pipe broken? What the fuck does that mean. The info I found basically said see if you can run the HDD disk companion, see if it finds and repairs any messed up HDD sectors, then try again. This took FOUR HOURS. So this morning it was done, and I tried to run it again. Pipe broken again! YAY. Well I know it's not the drive, and the info I found seems to think it could be the sata cable.

So I have a pack of sata cables on the way to arrive Friday, and went ahead and downloaded Fallout 4 before I left for work this morning. I also have 16gb of ram showing up today, so hopefully Fallout 4 runs pretty good on my PC.

Comment

• Yeah, that whole post is why I never even stepped into PC gaming. I get pissed when I have to download a day one patch before playing a game. I would MURDER someone if I had to do all of that.

Comment

• At least I have a good excuse to use Amazon Now and see how it works.

Comment

• It's always interesting in decision-based games to see what other people chose to do. I think sometimes when there's a huge percentage favoring one choice over another it shows a design flaw, not necessarily a polarizing choice. Like, there's an option NOT to level a city block on the "Hunted" level of Beyond: Two Souls? Apparently 2% of the players figured out how to do it!

I also wish these games could have a separate screen showing what your friends did, although I think that might be pretty tough to implement. Did Rob find the shoebox in the snowball fight level? I sure as hell didn't. Didn't even know it was a thing!

Comment

• There was one thing in Beyond where myself and like 4% of others did the same thing. But I'll be damned if I remember what it was.

Refresh my memory on the snowball fight level? I remember one of those from Until Dawn but not Beyond. Unless I'm not there yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X