No announcement yet.

It's on "Random": Deep Thoughts with Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so rumor is that the Xbone version of COD can only run at 720p while the PS4 runs at 1080p. Nerds on neogaf are having a field day with this.

Curious to see if this pans out only because I love a good console war. I'm also still a tad butthurt that Titanfall isn't coming out to the PS4.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Few will notice the difference, truth be told.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• oh for sure but it begs the question: "If this is true, then why can't the xbone match the PS4 performance as they keep claiming it's on par?"
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Because Eggs' Box is a dead fish.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• There is a small part of me that would love for Microsoft to be the bastard kid this go around. That begin said, I know I'll cave once there is a price drop of the xbone as I just enjoy gaming far too much not to have both consoles.

Comment

• I just don't get the console war thing anymore.

I guess I aged out of it, as this will probably be the last gen I really give a shit about.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It will likely be some time before I get either. Assuming I do at all.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  I just don't get the console war thing anymore.

I guess I aged out of it, as this will probably be the last gen I really give a shit about.

Understandable as you are more about the studios and their inner workings. Video games are where it's at for me, much more so than movies.

Comment

• Xbox has always preferred 720P as it's native though so it's no shocker that they'd go with that. Unless they're saying the box is incapable of 1080P for that game in particular which would beg the question WHY? Nothing I've seen on it looks that damned taxing.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I bet it's 720P because they want it locked at 60FPS...and that the 1080p Sony isn't locked at 60.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Understandable as you are more about the studios and their inner workings. Video games are where it's at for me, much more so than movies.
                        It's not even that. I used to be wowed by most games, now it's all shovel ware, overhyped titles and the random gem.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          I bet it's 720P because they want it locked at 60FPS...and that the 1080p Sony isn't locked at 60.

That's not what it's sounding like unless new info has come to light.

From what I'm hearing it's just the fact that due to the difference of RAM between the machines that the PS4 is a bit more powerful in what it can render and how.

I don't really give a shit about the game for the most part as COD doesn't do much for me it's just that there is no way these next gen systems couldn't do 60FPS at 1080p unless it's the due to the consoles being a bitch to optimize.

Comment

• I just want Dark Souls 2 to have a consistent framerate.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I give no fucks about any of these consoles. 2 much monies.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                I give no fucks about any of these consoles. 2 much monies.
                                A-fucking-men.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X