The Nintendo 3DS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it. It's neat as fuck.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

More later. But the 3d is amazing.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Really digging that Ghost Recon game. However, I wish (and there may be, but I haven't gotten that far) that you could build your own bases/name your squad. As stupid and superficial as that is, naming my characters in X-Com helped me want to keep them alive (MURDER THEM). Otherwise, really digging the progression of the game so far.

Nintendogs is just like the original except now with 3D and better graphics. It's neat, but obviously not a full game.

The AR cards are neat, really dig the archery game. Will probably be picking up Pilotwings this week (as I loved just flying around in the original and n64 version).

Tried Dragon Quest for the DS on it last night, didn't notice too much degradation in the graphics although I didn't play it that much.

The system feels more substantial than the DS or the DSi and the interface is well done. The Mii Maker is a fun little diversion (you can take a picture of your face and it will attempt to create a Mii that looks like you), the street pass shit probably won't get used on my end as I don't hang out in schools/parks/areas where other DS users would be. But I could see this being awesome if you commute or whatever.

All in all, I dig the purchase (only 60 bucks on my end, so not like I threw my money away) and look forward to see what they come up with in the future.

Comment

Really fucking digging Ghost Recon. Just wish you could save in the middle of a mission, as some of them can go on a bit long. But as awesome as it is, it's not really like X-Com minus the turn based stuff. Kind of wish I could make bases, customize my squad, etc. But still totally worth the purchase. Think I'm going to grab Street Fighter as well.

Comment

Picked up Pilotwings today. Probably the best use of the 3d thus far. Pretty fun just flying around the mountains and shit. Seems to be a decent amount of challenges to ace. not bad.

Comment

Still digging the fuck outta Pilotwings. Played in small bursts = perfect. Really liked using the flying squirrel suit.

Comment

So...tanooki suit?!

Comment

haha. BALLS FLAPPING IN THE WIND.

and sadly no...just a standard flying suit.

Comment

Maybe I'll be buying a 3DS before the Professor Layton game after all...

http://kotaku.com/#!5796881/the-enti...o-nintendo-3ds

Comment

yessss

Comment

So Ocarina is pretty swank on this. Considering I never beat this game back in the day (ended up getting sucked into MGS instead) it's fun going through it. Dig the use of the cameras.

Comment

I beat Ocarina first, then immediately beat MGS. I ended up going back and forth on them and beating each a few times. MGS is probably my most times finished non-Mario game.

Comment

Rob, you buying Resident Evil Mercs this week?

Comment

nah, I never liked that mode in the other games. I'm waiting for Revelations.

Comment

unless the reviews are great that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X