No announcement yet.

Bioshock 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not talking about the art style/themes. I'm talking about gameplay. It's a substandard FPS. Nothing more. And moral choices? Come on. Harvest or not harvest. Get one ending or another. The choices were the same as in KOTOR or Fable or whatever. Nothing mind blowing at all IMO.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Most of us had not played System Shock 2 before, so the concept and execution hit a larger base of people and they loved it.

Also: the sound and art direction was first class, and some assgaskets in need of something to write about in their game theory class had ammo to spare when the first one dropped (see: Ryan's prognostication of Tiger Wood's downfall...using his own face as an example).

Pee Ess'd Also: That Bob Fosee-as-Jigsaw character was a particular highlight in the boss category.

Re: Endings. Those coupled with the Atlas fight took all of the potential satisfaction away from what was a fun and atmospheric game up until that point.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

I can see that. I enjoyed SS2 more than BS.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

What Russ said,

And the atmosphere during the Sander Cohen stage. Holy christ was that unerving.

Plus it's a game that everyone could get into because it's not ball-shatteringly difficult. I'd rather have a good fun time than cursing and muttering after having to play the level for the fifth time.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I'm with Rob. Bioshock was just kind of meh for me.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Well, the only other things that have come out so far, lo these past couple of months, have been action-adventure titles with the God of War template slapped on their asses.

(ME2 is excused from such a lack of imagination)

While it wasn't necessary, it's good that there's something else coming to market. And the fact that they know their shit when it comes to world-building, which amps up its appeal for the home theater experience.

And the fact I won't hear someone call me a faggot or Ramirez already gives it a leg up.

In conclusion, I've already saved the galaxy nearly four times now, fucked everyone on my crew with XX chromosomes, and need a different VG outlet, and this sounds like it will work quite well. At least until "Drunk Hudson Quote-a-thon" gets released.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Well said Russ. It's resfreshing to see a game that doesn't feature a Space Marine, or space soldier or some other miltaristic bullshit.

Comment

Ed, do you play any of the militaristic titles? I've never seen you play them.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I own Borderlands and I bought into that Splinter Cell game Rob was talking about. But the multiplayer shooters get boring to me after a while. I even have BF: 1943 and it gets repetitive.

Hell, I had a short lived Counter Strike fixation back in high school.

Now on to Bioshock 2.

Played around with it tonight and it does feel like an extension of the first one. Game handles well in my view and is intense at times. Now, I have this thing on easy right now so I'm just enjoying the nice atmosphere. I personally like hearing the *tink* *tink* sound of rain hitting the Big Daddy's diving suit.

Plus, using the drill on splicers? Delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post

Now on to Bioshock 2.

Played around with it tonight and it does feel like an extension of the first one. Game handles well in my view and is intense at times. Now, I have this thing on easy right now so I'm just enjoying the nice atmosphere. I personally like hearing the *tink* *tink* sound of rain hitting the Big Daddy's diving suit.

Plus, using the drill on splicers? Delicious.
                      Indeed, sir. Very indeed.

As before, the sound and atmosphere is second to none. Enjoying the hell out of it right now.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Currently at the amusement park level. I like the cheesy animatronics and dioramas.

LOOK OUT FOR THE GIANT HAND!

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                          All this while operating a chemcial thrower that makes you seem like Hank Scorpio.

Comment

Something that cracks me up about the Delta model Big Daddy is that it has this huge hanging padlock. Damn thing doesn't do anything, just seems funny to me.

Here's hoping they don't reveal what the Daddy looks like without the helmet.

Comment

They already have revealed it.
                                Spoiler: Don't click here if you don't want to see big daddy. 

Comment

Knowing you B, I can kind of guess what's behind that spolier box.

So, no. I will not click on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X