Gaming Headset for XBOX360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Headset for XBOX360

I had to wait a week before posting this, just to make sure I did a good full test.

I picked up the Turtle Beach X41 wireless headphones w/ mic for XBOX 360. They are 7.1 surround sound headphones, and they fucking rock. The clarity of the sound is amazing. Turtle Beach did a awesome job with these headphones.

These headphones feel good on the ears, they are nice and lite. In fact just about 5 mins into the game I don't even remember they are on my head. A few times I thought there was someone in the room with me, that is how good the 7.1 is. The chat has it's own adjustability so you can turn it up or down to match the level of the game volume, and you can here everyone talking in both ears. I did test it with Ari and veit and they said they could here me fine.

Right now I have an optical cable hooked up from the XBOX, and an analog cable from the TV going into the wireless receiver for the headphones. With this setup I can listen to anything connected to the TV (cable box and Bluray Player). I also watched Netflix thru the XBOX and the surround sound on the was kickass too.

The only problem that I had with them and this was partially my fault, was I had them a little to close to my wireless router and I got a little interference, but I got that taken care of, and all seems to be good now

If you got the extra cash and want a good set of wireless headphones with a chat mic I would highly recommend these.
    I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
    Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
    Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
    She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

I think Best Buy is having some sort of deal with this headset and purchasing Army of 2 The 40th Day.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Ya I got lucky with mine because I had gift cards from Xmas and my Bday, so I was able to save some money on them
      I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious

Comment

Can they be used as a mic to record a podcast?
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Good the x41s work as the x31s were shit. Well shit for communication. Just wish x41s weren't so expensive.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by BiG B View Post
            Can they be used as a mic to record a podcast?
            As far as I know the mic is only used for xbox communication

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus McHugecock View Post
              Good the x41s work as the x31s were shit. Well shit for communication. Just wish x41s weren't so expensive.
              I talked to a engineer at Turtle Beach when I was at CES, and what he told me is that the hole for the mic on the X31 was drilled a little to big, and that was causing the mic not seat completely in all the way, which would in turn cause all types of communication issues. He said that they were doing a recall type of thing or sending out new mics that wouldn't do that any more.

Comment

Well glad to know there was an actual issue that they're fixing. Good on them for that.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

My best friend's brother got these for Christmas and swears by them. Can you use them on the PC as well? I need a new set of PC headphones as well, and no way am I spending the money for just 360 headphones.

Comment

Well if is just to listen to what is coming out of your PC, and not talking, thne sure you can. Basically the wireless receiver has a optical input and a analog input. If you were to run a mini to RCA cable ( the kind you use for MP3 players) to the receiver you could here everything. For more on this headset go here:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx4/home.aspx

Comment

Working...
                    X