No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear a feint "nevermind, I'll help myself!" and this fucking guy is jacking my horse off in the distance
    what

Comment

• hahaha. WIN!!
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        what
        Mr Hands!

Got my Legend of the West. I'm missing a couple animals, working on those now. Map is 100% as well, and I got the last hideout too. God I'm addicted. Co-op DLC June 22!

EDIT: All animals dead. I have never got a treasure hunter bounty. Need one!
        Last edited by BillyG; 06-03-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• I swear to God this game does not want me to get five boar tusks. I've lured a group of boars north of MacFarlane's ONCE. And got killed immediately after by some asshole horse theives so I lost my progress. I've spent a shitload of time in the area since and have only run into cougars. The ground was littered with the corpses of my horses but at least I got 16 cougar pelts out of the deal. I've given up. Although I do see boars listed a little northwest of Thieves Landing so I'll give it another go once I get some more story missions under my belt.

On the the mission where you have to flee Plainview with West Dickens I did a headshot on a guy on an elevated bridge that caused his horse to rear up majestically and his hat to go flying 100 feet in the air. It was glorious.

Comment

• If I haven't yet ruined everything someone, somewhere enjoys wholeheartedly this weekend, allow me to do so now.

The honeymoon is over as far as the single player is concerned.

The verbal diarrhea foaming out of everyone's mouth is atrocious, even by videogame standards.

In this genre, silence is a strength, not a weakness. How are you supposed to appreciate the "western" experience when everyone around you won't shut the fuck up?

Outside of the ranch, there isn't a single endearing character to be encountered. Every time the game forces me to mount up and ride to Destination X to complete Task Y, the companion foisted upon me wants to make fucking small talk, like we're going to the motherscratching store for some boxed wine or some shit. There should be a subtlety filter, because most of the dialogue is completely idiotic and does nothing but make me loathe the character in my company.

And Marston? He's an emasculated empty threat generator at the end of the day. A prime example of "all bark, no bite."

Every other mission, he's threatening someone with bloody reprisal, but instead runs fucking errands for the exact same person he just snarled at. Over and over, this exact same scenario occurs. Never have I wished for the demise of a main character this much, unless we're talking about a Tyler Perry movie.

I empathize with the red man more than ever.

At least there's still multiplayer...
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-06-2010, 01:57 AM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
              If I haven't yet ruined everything someone, somewhere enjoys wholeheartedly this weekend, allow me to do so now.

The honeymoon is over as far as the single player is concerned.

The verbal diarrhea foaming out of everyone's mouth is atrocious, even by videogame standards.

In this genre, silence is a strength, not a weakness. How are you supposed to appreciate the "western" experience when everyone around you won't shut the fuck up?

Outside of the ranch, there isn't a single endearing character to be encountered. Every time the game forces me to mount up and ride to Destination X to complete Task Y, the companion foisted upon me wants to make fucking small talk, like we're going to the motherscratching store for some boxed wine or some shit. There should be a subtlety filter, because most of the dialogue is completely idiotic and does nothing but make me loathe the character in my company.

And Marston? He's an emasculated empty threat generator at the end of the day. A prime example of "all bark, no bite."

Every other mission, he's threatening someone with bloody reprisal, but instead runs fucking errands for the exact same person he just snarled at. Over and over, this exact same scenario occurs. Never have I wished for the demise of a main character this much, unless we're talking about a Tyler Perry movie.

I empathize with the red man more than ever.

At least there's still multiplayer...
              That's about the wrongest opinion I've seen all day. The day's still young, though, so it might be topped.
              sigpic
              360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• I'm just not a fan of meeting someone new and then having the CARRIAGE RIDE OF EXPOSITION every time. But then again, I haven't touched this game since I made it to Mexico.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The textual diarrhea coming from Russ is atrocious!

I still love the fucking game. I'm like 96% complete or something ridiculous. FUCK the poker in Blackwater requirement for one of the outfits. Those fucks keep busting me out. And I can't figure out the cheating mechanic to save my life.

Comment

• Great, there's a poker requirement? I had to reload a save a time or two for the blackjack thing in Rathskeller because the computer is too damn lucky.

I'm having fun in Mexico but all the ambient challenges now require I be up by Thieves Landing and Tall Trees. That's way over on the other side of the map. And where the hell are the bears? I've yet to see one. Must be the northeast corner of the map? That's the only area I haven't been.

Comment

• Finished the game yesterday at something like 75% completion. Loved the ending (which I won't spoil) and the final stranger mission. It felt right, considering what the story was.

As I mentioned, I'm onlyat around 75% completion. I honestly don't have a desire to run around and get to 100%, but I think that I MAY want to play it again as a total bastard just to see what happens.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Beat the game last night. Also,

ANIMAL MAP:

http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/x...almapcopy2.jpg
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I believe 75% is just about the minimum to complete the story. Maybe 70%. The I Know You Stranger is pretty incredible once you beat the game and think on it.

Comment

• That's good to hear. The I Know You side mission is really intriguing. The way the guy talks is so creepy.

Thanks for the map, Anderson.

Comment

• Do NOT skip out on the 'I Know You' stranger missions. The last instance is really unsettling.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Do NOT skip out on the 'I Know You' stranger missions. The last instance is really unsettling.
                                Best mission set of the bunch that isn't the Flowers for Mrs. Bates one.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X