No announcement yet.

Heavy Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The accents are hilarious. They obviously hired British and French voice actors, and really simple words have a completely weird twang to them.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      The accents are hilarious. They obviously hired British and French voice actors, and really simple words have a completely weird twang to them.
      They also modeled the characters on the actors.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Hmm I made a lengthy post last night, and I guess I completely forgot to hit post reply.

I read that about the actor/character models. The models look great...sometimes. When you are in "action" phase and doing the QTE stuff the motion is fluid and looks good. Damn good actually! But when investigating and moving around, well it controls like a tank and looks like one too. No excuse for the shitty controls. Way too many control schemes have been used over the years to have us stuck with the shit system used in Heavy Rain. Forced to hold R2 to move at all? DOTD levels of fail.

The shaking motion definitely doesn't register all the time, but typically you can get two shakes before you fail the QTE. What's worse is the "turning" QTE. There is a scene in a car...and well, be prepared for the turning bullshit.

Comment

DOTD levels of fail.
          POST OF THE DAY!

Comment

Holding R2 is rather ridiculous but at least it's not RE tank controls. Fuck that shit.

Comment

Shit, I'm playing through RE3 right now and the controls don't bother me in the slightest.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                Holding R2 is rather ridiculous but at least it's not RE tank controls. Fuck that shit.
                As bad as, if not worse.

Comment

Heh, I'm a bad PS3 owner. I didn't pick this up day one.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Fil, you're not living up to your PS3 fanboy standards.

Comment

I do love the lone PS3 badge on this forum.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

90 minutes in. PS3 froze. Fun stuff, but the "shaking" doesn't register well.
                        You're not the only one that experienced a frozen PS3.

Comment

That sucks. I miss the days before console patches, when QA/QC was quite a bit better.

So yeah, the shit is getting real. I just had some really tense shit going on, and crazy tie your hand into knot combos to press while tapping another button. And as for suspects, man...this is a great murder mystery.

Comment

Will be grabbing this tomorrow.

Comment

OK, so the narrative is pretty good. It definitely keeps you guessing as to the killer's identity, but there are some gaping plot holes. We could fly a 747 through some of the plot holes. I've seen a lot of places that people could die, I think, but so far I have kept everyone alive. Quite a few times I really did think I was going to lose a character, but recovered and stayed alive.

And the love scene. Yeesh. Awkward and janky and not at all effective. Hold L1 and O to kiss. Now rotate counter clockwise!

Comment

And the love scene. Yeesh. Awkward and janky and not at all effective. Hold L1 and O to kiss. Now rotate counter clockwise!
                                I knew I've doing something wrong. Fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X