World of Warcraft...It begins again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    But how is it ridiculous? Not sure I am following you. Every expansion gets three tiers of gear.
    To me it's ridiculous that gear is never worth the time you put in to get it, and then they invalidate that time. Burning Crusade wasn't quite as bad as Wrath and now Cata, but it's like I didn't really have to do anything except these new instances and now I am ready for raiding. Just seems cheap and easy :P
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Burning Crusade was worse, because only the top tier raiders could get access to the upper tiers of gear. So you did your heroic dungeons and could do nothing else. It doesn't "invalidate" anything. The nature of the MMO is to always get better gear and progress your character. And you always only needed to do the instances in order to be ready for raiding, so not sure what you mean by that. The only difference is now if you fall behind, or want to play an alt you don't have to find a guild to take you through UBRS, then MC, then BWL in order to go to Naxx. You can run the new heroics, save valor points, and then enjoy the content.

Comment

Burning Crusade was worse, because only the top tier raiders could get access to the upper tiers of gear. So you did your heroic dungeons and could do nothing else. It doesn't "invalidate" anything. The nature of the MMO is to always get better gear and progress your character. And you always only needed to do the instances in order to be ready for raiding, so not sure what you mean by that. The only difference is now if you fall behind, or want to play an alt you don't have to find a guild to take you through UBRS, then MC, then BWL in order to go to Naxx. You can run the new heroics, save valor points, and then enjoy the content.
        I mean that in Cata, I could have grinded to 85, then done absolutely NOTHING in game, and then started to do these new instances and been ready for raiding. Like seriously, every rep grind, every raid dungeon, every normal heroic could have been skipped and boom, 378 gear.

Comment

• That's not true though. The ilvl requirements means you have to do regular dungeons, then regular heroics, then the upper level heroics. I know, because it has killed my alts, I don't want to run the regular dunegeons and heroics again.

Comment

That's not true though. The ilvl requirements means you have to do regular dungeons, then regular heroics, then the upper level heroics. I know, because it has killed my alts, I don't want to run the regular dunegeons and heroics again.

I had to run two heroics to get my gear level up to 355 or whatever the minimum was for the new Cata heroics. I had everything else I needed from quest reqards and auction house purchases, or crafting (as I am a tailor, so the PVP set we get is actually geared high enough to do max heroics pre-End Times)

Comment

• I'm going to be honest and admit I am way to casual to notice whether or not the gear game is ridiculous or not.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Beta probably gonna kick off this weekend or Monday.

Comment

• Yessss, they said they were going to stagger it by sign up dates or whatever but the sooner people get in the better.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah saw that those with longer accounts and earlier sign up for the yearly deal get in quicker. Considering I'm a launch player with a day one year long account I best be getting in early bc I need DEM PANDERZ

Comment

• Nice, I didn't get in till way later but I did get the day one year long account so hopefully my wait won't be long.

Comment

• beta has begun yessssssssssssssssss

Comment

• *checks battle.net account AGAIN* lulz

Comment

• 100k Annual Pass invites going out in waves today.

Comment

• Oh, look who has an MoP invite too

Comment

Oh, look who has an MoP invite too
                                Remember all those times you bitched at me for having DIII?

So how will you decide which beta to check out?

Comment

Working...
                                X