No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft...It begins again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my nice 3-4 weeks off, which I tend to do once every 6 months or so since TBC released. If my buddy all weren't back so I had a killer group to play with all the time I doubt I'd be bothering with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Terenas. It sucks because all my alts are on Rexxar still, and I'd like to fuck with my pally or warrior, since I can tank with friends and not have to pug. What are your professions? You'll make a TON when you start farming at 85 and running dungeons. A stack of cloth will sell for like 100g on my server, and ore is even more ridiculous.
      I have skinning and tailoring. A stack of Savage Leather runs for 150 g, a stack of leather fragments goes for 40 G. A stack of 20 Bolts of Cloth (so not pieces, but tailored bolts) runs for 600-700 gold. It's just fucking stupid right now!!

I haven't been selling much cloth because I want to level my tailoring eventually, but damned if the prices don't make it tempting. I also found an area in Hyjal where the normal mobs were dropping between 75 silver and 1.2 gold plus greens. I AM TEH GOLDFARMERZ!!
      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Glad you guys are still having fun with this. I got bored and cancelled my account. WoW just didn't grab me, sorry.
        It's really only fun if you group dude. As a solo experience, it is lacking for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          It's really only fun if you group dude. As a solo experience, it is lacking for sure!
          I generally prefer to solo my way through a game, doing PUGs or guild activities whenever the mood suits me. As such, AoC and Guild Wars were awesome for my style of play. WoW just lacks ANY kind of narrative to drive me forward. Grind, go here, grind, go here...I want a plot that interests me and makes me WANT to play. I mean hell, I'm playing Dragon Age AGAIN because of the plot and the fun factor.

I'm not slamming you guys for enjoying WoW. To each their own, and I'm glad that you found a game that you enjoy. I gave it a shot and found it not to my liking. I may give it a shot again later on (it's still installed, I just cancelled my billing for it) but I kinda doubt it.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I generally prefer to solo my way through a game, doing PUGs or guild activities whenever the mood suits me. As such, AoC and Guild Wars were awesome for my style of play. WoW just lacks ANY kind of narrative to drive me forward. Grind, go here, grind, go here...I want a plot that interests me and makes me WANT to play. I mean hell, I'm playing Dragon Age AGAIN because of the plot and the fun factor.

I'm not slamming you guys for enjoying WoW. To each their own, and I'm glad that you found a game that you enjoy. I gave it a shot and found it not to my liking. I may give it a shot again later on (it's still installed, I just cancelled my billing for it) but I kinda doubt it.
            I wasn't getting defensive or anything, just sayin' the game is really only great when you do stuff with others. On it's own it's retarded. The Star Wars Bioware MMO comes out soon no? I want to try it just because of what you said about Dragon Age - Bioware makes really gripping stories.

Comment

• That new Sturr Wurz game will be the one for you, Matt.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Of that I am fully aware, trust me.

And Mike? Give Dragon Age a shot. For me, it's one of the single most enjoyable games that I've ever played or replayed. The mods for it are AWESOME, too.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Yeah, DA is great as a PC game. I had it for a week while I was house-sitting for my cousin.

It never felt the same on the console, but I loved it enough to make it work.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                    Yeah, DA is great as a PC game. I had it for a week while I was house-sitting for my cousin.

It never felt the same on the console, but I loved it enough to make it work.

I've played through Dragon Age several times... I thought I had mentioned that before? In fact, I've done everything BioWare has created except for Jade Empire. Hence the interest in Stur Derps. Although watching some of the DC Universe stuff got me thinking of maybe doing that game given how much voice acting is in there. Mark Hamill as the joker! Wil Wheaton as Robin!

Comment

Wil Wheaton as Robin!
                      Emphasis on the H...

Comment

• what's the word on DC Universe Online? Any good? Better than Champions Online?

Comment

I've played through Dragon Age several times... I thought I had mentioned that before? In fact, I've done everything BioWare has created except for Jade Empire. Hence the interest in Stur Derps. Although watching some of the DC Universe stuff got me thinking of maybe doing that game given how much voice acting is in there. Mark Hamill as the joker! Wil Wheaton as Robin!
                          Don't recall. But I think that is mostly due to the fact Matt has now become the caretaker to the worship chamber for the game. It is such a level of devotion that even I am in awe.

The level of customization for your character in the DCU game is ridiculous. So ridiculous that I was intrigued...until I heard that it was shit.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If anyone here owns it(snicker), then create a superhero called "Captain Shriveled Manhood".

Then take a screen capture.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                              Don't recall. But I think that is mostly due to the fact Matt has now become the caretaker to the worship chamber for the game. It is a level of devotion that even I am in awe.
                              YOU OWE ME...AWWWWWWEEEEEE

Yeah, I love it. I'm having a blast playing around with all of the mods that people have done, too. Jesus, there's even a series of mods that somebody has done that turns the entire game into a lesbian orgy.

The level of customization for your character in the DCU game is ridiculous. So ridiculous that I was intrigued...until I heard that it was shit.
                              You could say the exact same thing about Champions. The character creation aspect in that game was 10/10, fun as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                                If anyone here owns it(snicker), then create a superhero called "Captain Shriveled Manhood".

Then take a screen capture.
                                I had Pink Taco as a female superhero, all dressed up like a dominatrix. I also had Tom of Finland as a male superhero, all dressed up like Freddy Mercury meets Rob Halford. Fun stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X