Phishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phishing?

I think someone is trying to pull a fast one. I got an email with this inside..........
    Greetings,
    It has come to our attention that you are trying to trade or sell your World of Warcraft account. As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement of Blizzard Entertainment and World of Warcraft. If upon further investigation you are indeed attempting to obtain monetary profit against the terms of the user agreement, your account can and will be disabled.

Blizzard has the right to consider legal action if necessary, based on the severity of the violation. In order to avoid account suspension, you should verify your ownership of the account(s).

We at Blizzard Entertainment take infractions quite seriously and we must confirm the original ownership of the account(s). This is easily done by supplying personal information about your World of Warcraft account. You can confirm you are the original owner of the account by replying to

Please use the following template below to verify your account via e-mail:
    *First and Last name:
    *Address :
    *CD-key :
    *Account Name:
    *Account Original e-mail:
    *Account Now e-mail:
    *Main Character Name:
    *Main Character Realm:
    *Secret Question and Answer:

*Optional: You can also provide us with personal affiliations with in game characters in your World of Warcraft account (Friendships, guild ranking etc.)
    If you ignore this email your account will be closed permanently for violation of the EULA (End User License Agreement).
    We obtain this information due to a variety of circumstances; some of which are:
    I) A post on an account selling/trading website
    II) Suspicious behavior
    III) Sudden Internet Protocol address changes

We look forward to your reply soon.

However the email address was strangely from wowaccountadmin@blizznrd.com

Here's my response......

Why would I provide you with a bunch of information you should already have? Shut it down if you must but I've not violated any agreements. I however am also not providing you with all the information that would allow you steal my account if you were someone who were to do something like that. You can close my account as your game is gay anyway.
    Anyone ever get shit like this?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

blizznrd? haha. Close but no cigar.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      blizznrd? haha. Close but no cigar.
      Glad I was paying attention. Funny thing is I haven't played WoW in like two years. And I damn sure wouldn't try selling one lvl 27 paladin and a bunch of 15 and under alts.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

What the fuck are you bitches babbling about?
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
          What the fuck am I bitching and babbling about?
          I'm not really sure.

Comment

Yes. And I laugh my balls off every time.

Which is getting old. I always end up having to go search for the little guys and it takes forfuckingever.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
            X