I can has PS3?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fucking love that video
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• How so? Shall I start listing networks that have been compromised in just the past year? Shall we discuss how sloppy IE has been in the past, in regards to their security? Sony got smacked hard because they were more or less new to the network game and didn't do their due diligence. Has this happened to other companies? Yes. Will it happen again? Yes.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
        How so? Shall I start listing networks that have been compromised in just the past year? Shall we discuss how sloppy IE has been in the past, in regards to their security? Sony got smacked hard because they were more or less new to the network game and didn't do their due diligence. Has this happened to other companies? Yes. Will it happen again? Yes.

But, you're stepping way from the central issue. Was what SONY did worse than the MS 2005-2006 XBOX shipment issue?
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I would say so. Having a piece of tech die and having your identity stolen are two completely different things. Good on Howard for never ordering things on line but the fact is Sony fucked up hard. Any network security person can tell you that.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• In my eyes? No. They both shipped an inferior product before the necessary tests and due diligence were completed. MS just got caught on the hardware issue first. Sony's error with their network was discovered late. The both screwed up EQUALLY. The difference (for me) is that I already have identity protection in place, so Sony's fuck-up doesn't really hurt me (other than the near month long absence of their network).
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

In my eyes? No. They both shipped an inferior product before the necessary tests and due diligence were completed. MS just got caught on the hardware issue first. Sony's error with their network was discovered late. The both screwed up EQUALLY. The difference (for me) is that I already have identity protection in place, so Sony's fuck-up doesn't really hurt me (other than the near month long absence of their network).

It isn't equal. MS fucking up doesn't expose you to having your finances ruined.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• But wait, when did the xbox lose millions of customers personal information? Seriously? Did that happen? I wasn't a 360 fanboy until about a year after the system came out so maybe it happened then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                  I would say so. Having a piece of tech die and having your identity stolen are two completely different things. Good on Howard for never ordering things on line but the fact is Sony fucked up hard. Any network security person can tell you that.
                  I'm not saying that Sony didn't fuck up (they did). But everyone is acting like this is the worst thing in the world. This is hardly the first time a network has been compromised and won't be the last time one is compromised. I guarantee you that LIVE's turn will happen. It's too big not to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                    It isn't equal. MS fucking up doesn't expose you to having your finances ruined.
                    MS has screwed up in the past when it comes to your finances. Not LIVE, but IE.

Comment

• Comment

• hahaha.

Comment

• Just baffles me. MS has had NUMEROUS problems with IE and Outlook. Major security issues over the years. Yet it's Sony getting racked over the coals. Silly.

Comment

Dude, come on. Remember the events as they actually happened. How long did X-Box DENY that there was any problem? It went on for MONTHS.
                            Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                            Not really. It's nowhere near the same thing. MS didn't deny, they said they couldn't pinpoint the problem since the internal wheelhouses originated in outside plants. What MS was guilty of was rushing production schedules. But, every company does that.

What SONY did is textbook definition negligence with information that they are LEGALLY REQUIRED to keep protected. While shit happens, MS has a far better track record at keeping that shit secure.
                            While both of these fuck ups are bad, I have to back up Howard that Microsoft did deny the issue at first.

Microsoft has responded to claims by the BBC's Watchdog programme that it is charging excessive amounts for Xbox 360 repairs, stating that there is "no systemic issue" with the console.
                            Last night's episode of the consumer affairs show featured two gamers whose Xbox 360 units had broken after just over a year of use, and were told they would have to pay around GBP 80 to get their consoles fixed.
                            In an official statement issued to GamesIndustry.biz, Microsoft said that the "vast majority" of Xbox 360 owners have had an "outstanding experience" with the console.
                            But the platform holder went on to concede: "That being said, we have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected.
                            "It's important to note that there is no systemic issue with Xbox 360 - each incident is unique and these customer inquiries are being handled on a case-by-case basis."
                            Microsoft has not revealed details of how many Xbox 360 units have been found faulty, but did state that the return rate is "significantly lower" than the CE industry average of between 3 and 5 per cent.
                            "Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and we do everything we can to take care of gamers who may be having problems with their consoles," the company said.
                            "Anybody having an issue with their Xbox 360 console should call customer service immediately so that we can help. Microsoft voluntarily provides customers with a one year manufacturer's warranty in the UK which operates over and above the legally required retailer warranty for all consumer goods."
                            I can't really defend Sony, they took their time, almost a week, to admit, (Sony says to confirm) that they had been hacked and our information was stolen.
                            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Howard: from my point of view, MS is a known quantity...you EXPECT these issues and kinda roll with them. Sony dropping the ball like this is a shock. This is a new company to experience outrage towards.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Howard: from my point of view, MS is a known quantity...you EXPECT these issues and kinda roll with them. Sony dropping the ball like this is a shock. This is a new company to experience outrage towards.

Yeah, when they're not installing rootkits on your computer. See! I went off-topic too.

Comment

Working...
                                X