No announcement yet.

I can has PS3?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, which model has the best backwards compatibility for ps1&2 games? Cousin wants one but insists on the best b/c.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• only the old 80 gig one I believe. It's the fat fucker. But all can play PS1 games. He'd have to buy it used or online somewhere. Seems dumb.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I thought the slim would play some ps2 games. I was wrong. Gift FAIL. Seriously a big bunch of shit.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Thanks guys. Cousin is also paraplegic, anyone know if the ps3 supports special controls for para's or quads? Sorry to bother but googles is being a bitch on the topic.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Check out Ben Heck's site. He does custom mods and you may be able to find a link to something that may work.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              I thought the slim would play some ps2 games. I was wrong. Gift FAIL. Seriously a big bunch of shit.

lulz. Even mine doesn't play ps2 games. That shit was only in the first generation or so I believe.

Comment

• I know. Still makes my xmas gift not as awesome.

Comment

• Go buy a new PS2 to place next to it ahha.

Comment

• FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      lulz. Even mine doesn't play ps2 games. That shit was only in the first generation or so I believe.
                      Yep. Widely discussed on the net too (although not here). That was one of the ways they were able to lower the cost (supposedly).
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                        Ok, which model has the best backwards compatibility for ps1&2 games? Cousin wants one but insists on the best b/c.
                        1st gen 60GB PS3 is the one with the best PS2 compatibility, followed by the second gen 80GB PS3. Difference between the two is that the 60GB (and 20GB launch PS3s) have the PS2 hardware (CPU and GPU) built in internally. The 80GB, still has backwards compatibility but it's part software emulation because they removed the PS2 CPU but kept the PS2 GPU (to lower costs).

Both models are out of production and you have to find a used one. Your best option would be finding a 60GB model if you want the best PS2 playback. I have a 60GB and my PS2 games play fine. My cousin has the 80GB and it seems to work fine as well, but there is a list on the official Playstation site that lists what games don't work so well on that version. Your cousin might want to check that list out first.

The way to tell if an 80GB PS3 is backwards compatible is if it was either sold as a Motorstorm or Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle or is model #CECHE01. The 60GB is CECHA01. The 20GB is CECHB01. The 20GB version is the only one without wifi, if that matters to him.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Bruce Wayne - much more helpful than the other guys. Thx mang!!

Comment

• i dont know what to do....its like..i'm burnt out on video games! currently the game i just started has been on pause for over an hour.
                            uuuggghhhh.
                            maybe i need more video games/consoles?!

Comment

• You need to get a 360 and game with us. Haha. But I know the feeling. Happens at least once a year.

Comment

• A friend of mine made one of these and I had to have one...I am a happy panda as he has just put it in the mail for me...BD case for PS3 streaming disc.

Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                                X