I can has PS3?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
    I would, but Gears of War 2 and Left for Dead will take all my time and money for a while.
    Exactly...so I'm sticking with XBOX for games for now....
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Well yeah. I'm not buying this today, but after Christmas I will. Gears will be bought this week hopefully. If not, it'll be a while unless Left 4 Dead totally sucks.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I don't think that we're supposed to talk about it but is anyone else in the Home beta? I got my code today.

Comment

• I fucking hate you. I've been trying to get in that since I got my PS3. I hope I get my code!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• OMG, Home is soo amazing! There are celebrities, Mexican Coke fountains, and free blowies for everyone!

...not really. But will be interesting to see what developers will do with game-themed areas.

Comment

• I can't has a PS3 no mores!!!

I posted this on chud, don't feel like typing an extra special version for here, forgive me.

So my PS3 died yesterday. I go to try to turn on my PS3 and the light turns green for a second, then turns yellow, then the PS3 powers back down and I get a flashing red light. I try to turn it on again and the same happens. The manual says that it's a temperature problem but I had not played the PS3 yet that day when I turned it on. I've also taken very good care of the PS3. Called Sony, they want $149 to fix it since it is past its 1 year warranty. Did some searching, and I see that some people are having the same issue with their 60GB PS3s recently. I was thinking of fixing it myself, but their are too many conflicting reports on what it might be. My Resistance 2 disc is still in my PS3.

Has anyone sent in their PS3 to get fixed? If so I have a question. Will they send you the same PS3 back or do they send you a refurbished one? I ask because I got a lot of stuff on my hard drive and I don't want to lose it, especially my game saves. If I send it in, I'm taking the HDD out and putting the original back in (I upgraded the HDD earlier this year), but if it's not the same PS3 that I send in, when I put my HDD back in whatever PS3 they send me, it will ask to reformat, and I do not want to have to do that.

What a shitty way to go into holiday season. No Rock Band 2 this Thanksgiving.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Oh snap! What if you backup everything on your harddrive to a usb drive? That way in the event you get a new one, you should in theory be able to download your game saves and etc to the new refurbished console. I feel for you man. That sucks.

Comment

• Did a lot of research on this last night. The PS3 apparently uses some proprietary format so I can't back up my HDD if I just plug it into my PC. I would have had to use the backup utility in the PS3 menu and do a backup to a usb drive from there. My PS3 doesn't power on so that's not an option. Only way to ensure that I can use this damn HDD without it getting erased when I put in in the PS3 I get back is if it's the same PS3 that I sent in, which, knowing how these companies are, is not likely. Shit I may not get my game back that is in the drive.
                  "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Wow, well that sucks a large loaf. Sorry bro.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Go buy a 360 and get in some multiplayer while you wait.

Comment

• Good idea.
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I really wish we could help man, but from doing some research on my end as well, it's not sounding too good.

Comment

• Go buy a new PS3, switch the serial numbers and return.... FIXED!
                            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

• Not really. HE'll still lose all of his data and his R2 disc.

Comment

• Shit, if I could afford to, I would. I'm trying to figure out a way to pay for sending my PS3 in.

I mean about getting a 360, not switching out PS3s.
                                Last edited by Fil; 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Working...
                                X