Earthrise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthrise

Yay, a sci-fi game that looks promising, to me anyway.

2808_1.jpg

2808_2.jpg

2808_3.jpg

12921.jpg

12922.jpg

13221.jpg

The game is based on a clash involving two factions. One is the corporate government that controls every possible aspect of its citizens' lives. The other is Noir, a rebel group sworn to oust the authoritarian order. Among other features, a few of note are a skill-based advancement system, a player-driven economy and an emphasis on PvP.
    Earthrise takes place on the island of Enterra, where the surviving population has built a new society: the city of Sal Vitas. It is ruled by a totalitarian government called Continoma that rewards citizens who abide by its strict laws. By exercising full control over the cloning process, Sal Vitas' government decides who will live and who will not. Insurgent forces have accused the city's rulers of crimes against humanity. Armed factions fight for resources and power within the new system. A rebellion has fomented and formed a shadow government: Noir.
    Looks and sounds cool.

Comment

Another MMO?

Pass. I'm waiting until KOTOR.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Too bad they are making swtor level based , bastards. I'm sure Bioware will do a decent job of it though, looking forward to that one as well.

Comment

Level based works better than skill based in practice. Skill based is what fucking killed SWG.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I would have to disagree with that. The skill based system in SWG is the only thing that kept it alive, seeing there was not any content. Right when they switched out of the skill based system, there went their player base.
            I am weary of new level bases mmo's, everyone seems to try the wow bandwagon theme.

Comment

The problem with skill based in SWG was that everymonth there was a new "template" for the best combination. And you know this. I was the only one out of our group that picked a profession and stuck with it the whole time. Izzim Seguh was the best Master Smuggler ever. Even though there was nothing to smuggle. haha. And the player base left because they were no longer the best players in the game anymore now that everyone started fresh. It was a horrible idea that late in the game, but to be honest, the NGE wasn't that bad if you started fresh. I kind of wish that's how the game would have started.

Comment

Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

All the templates switched because they would add in some content, that made a new weapon type, or tried to fix something and broke the fuck out of it. It is the prime example of bringing out a game that isn't finished, same as vanguard, AoC. What chu talkin bout willis, I was a swordsman/doctor the whole time, except when switching for crafting things /hulksmash.

Like you said, it's just the back and forth of 'fixing' elements of a game that are annoying, or adding in what should have been there from the beginning 2 years later. I like the idea of being able to try out new skills without having to 're-roll' and lvl up an entire class to check it out. Hopefully a company will be able to do it correctly one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ecp View Post
                      All the templates switched because they would add in some content, that made a new weapon type, or tried to fix something and broke the fuck out of it. It is the prime example of bringing out a game that isn't finished, same as vanguard, AoC. What chu talkin bout willis, I was a swordsman/doctor the whole time, except when switching for crafting things /hulksmash.

Like you said, it's just the back and forth of 'fixing' elements of a game that are annoying, or adding in what should have been there from the beginning 2 years later. I like the idea of being able to try out new skills without having to 're-roll' and lvl up an entire class to check it out. Hopefully a company will be able to do it correctly one of these days.
                      I'm with you man. The only game that has this working pretty much properly is EvE.

Comment

Working...
                      X