Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's bascially what the wanted the kinect to be but didn't want to wait, which is why they rushed it out.

I'm more about the fact that Sony loves the Oculus Rift. That's much cooler than the Kinect could ever hope to be.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      That's news to me. You'd think they'd be more up front about the functionality changing, yet I've heard nothing. RE billy
      Their PR team is doing a shit job. Tey could be messaging better and selling the strengths of the system, but they came out stumbling and are playing damage control instead of preaching benefits. There are videos of people testing the new kinect and playing fantasia and they're standing like 18 inches from it and it can scan the entire body. And it tracks way more points of articulation, like individual fingers and also your pulse, to affect the games.

Comment

• I love Harmonix and would love to play that (said as much prior to e3), but it's still a dance/music game.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Cool. Still don't want/need one.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The minute the Kinect2 is used to scan my face/body into a goddamn RPG/FPS/something besides sports/music is the minute I buy the system.

Comment

• but I'm still completely pro PS4 this go-around. And it still feels weird.

Comment

• The only thing that keeps me from jumping on board with the PS4 is that damned controller. Y U NOT LIKE XBERX CONTROLLS SONY?!???!
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• From all reports I've read this is actually on-par/possibly bette r(functionality wise) than the xboxone controller now...and definitely better than the PS3/PS2. My biggest issues with the PS2/PS3 were how close the two sticks were and the goddamn triggers on the PS3. I guess it's fixed? Who knows?

I just don't see the exclusives on the new box that makes me want to drop 500. Halo? nope. Dead Rising? It hurts, but nope. Forza? Never gave a shit.

Comment

• True. I just have gotten so used to the stick layout that I'd feel mega weird going back.

Comment

• true, true.

And for FPS's DEFINITELY TRUE.

I dunno though, I've stopped playing FPS's on consoles lately as I've been back on my PC for my fixes.

But yeah, if they had the sticks just like the 360? HEAVEN.

Comment

• I'm kind of growing out of FPS's though so maybe that'll help. I need more Tomb Raider type shit in my life.

Comment

• I'm back to my elitest "FUCK A CONTROLLER BE A MAN WITH A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE" ideals again, because it's true.

top console players in an FPS will never hold a candle to key/mouse players on a PC.

Comment

• Hardly a level playing field though. One offers much more control obviously. But PC CoD=ALLOFTHEHACKSEVER so fuck that noise.

Comment

• nah bro. Get that shit locked down and stop playing on wack shit ass servers. I play online all the time, no hacks. Steam and their anti hack servers is the shiiiiitttt

Comment

• Everyone that played Destiny said the PS4 controller is possibly better for FPS than the 360 controller.

Comment

Working...
                                X