This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    I've been thinking about doing some streaming or "Let's Play" style shit myself. Let me know if you need a partner.

Werd. I just ponied for up for 3 months license fort he video capture software and it seems to work ok, but I don't think my current rig can output decent HD streams at the moment (hence Twitch) for now. That being said, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Ceej and I have been working on the logistics of this little side project for the last few weeks. Right now I can easily record all of my games/audio on my side and in theory all I would have to do is play a multiplayer game with you, have you on skype, add the skype feed to my twitch feed and people could see me playing, hear me, and hear you.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• In the meantime, it would be super awesome if you guys could follow our channel http://www.twitch.tv/braindeadradio

I'm sure I'll be drunk playing a bunch in the upcoming days to get the bugs out of the system, and I'll need some feedback on the audio/video/etc.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        shit totally caught me off guard. I honestly thought I could make it through the park without getting jacked.
        That's what made it so hysterical. I thought you'd make it too.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN
            Mega bonerz
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• lololol to the PS4 stuff. "OUR MACHINE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN BOTH THE PS3 AND THE XBOX360!" I would fucking hope it is but nothing in this presentation has done anything for me. The Infamous series was nothing special so who cares that it's another exclusive, Jon Blow can fuck off, and we didn't even get an awesome "RIIIIDDGGEEE RACCEEERRR" or "HIT THE CRAB IN ITS WEAK SPOT" meme. Lame.

Comment

• Also, I can see this theory being real.

Comment

• I dug it. They did all the right things in concern to hardware and making development easier. They even set up a really simple website for a developer to go and sign up to get a PS3 devkit, much easier than the hassle the 360 has been. Blow's a dick, but as anti-Microsoft as he was it helps send a message to other developers that "hey, if that huge asshole even thinks Sony is decent to work for then they might just treat us right" but I could give a fuck about Witness.

I love all the video sharing stuff, and the "save state" stuff that will let me get up and walk away from the PS4 then come back and resume from exactly where I was. I can't wait to see all the madness that comes out of the video sharing. I wish the Gaikai streaming backwards compatibility was more firm than "someday" but that's not a huge selling point to me.

Down Deep and INfamous looked cool as hell, and if Watch Dogs was PS4 exclusive it would sell me on that system alone. I'm really excited for PS4 which is not what I expected at all. And excited for Microsoft's response as well.

Comment

• What about used games?
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• they won't be blocked according to Sony. But considering my PS3 has been mostly a bluray machine that plays the new Uncharted games nothing in that presentation did anything for me. Why? Because they did the same shit with the PS3/VITA/MOVE with showing all of the cool shit they can do and what not, and then nothing happens or they drop the ball.

Comment

• PS3 was built off Cell processing, which developers hated. They've moved to X86 and acknowledged that Cell was a bad decision. They'll have a lot more support now. And Move was always shit, it jumped in at the end of the motion control boom and nobody cared. The Media Molecule demo was cool, but Move will remain for kids and super casual gamers that way "toys" instead of games.

Comment

• All I'm saying is that "pretty graphics" don't cut it anymore. INfamous was never a system seller, Killzone was always crap, that cartoony game doesn't even look as good as Team Fortress 2...I can keep going.

I'm no Sony hater but that presentation was completely underwhelming IMO.

Comment

• I don't think they were selling just pretty graphics. The fact that they are going hat in hand to developers and built hardware around what they need to easily make games, and are making super developer friendly deals says a ton about Sony saying "yo we fucked up on PS3, we are fixing it" and that makes me excited. And all the social/streaming/sharing of game video and all that makes me crazy excited.

Killzone is eh, but INfamous games were great. That Knack game looked like some old school ass Playstation style IP and I look forward to seeing more.

We're getting to the point that graphics really don't matter. The rumors were that just a couple weeks ago PS4 was going to only have 4GB memory, but after developers pushing they moved it to 8GB because at that point the system really doesn't have to worry about graphical capabilities.

I'm excited for shit like Watch Dogs, where the game came build bigger systems and worlds, and fill them with awesome AI. That's not going to come across in a presentation like this.

And what the hell Rob, you're the MAN SHIT IS AWESOME dude that ran out and got a WiiU, y u haten?

Not to mention you're doing streaming now. That shit just became SUPER easy.

Comment

• I'm hating because Sony has burned me way more than Nintendo/Microsoft ever has. I know I'm in the minority in loving my Wii/Wiiu/3DS but at least Nintendo tries new things. I'll be waiting for E3 to get excited about this as last night was "HEY GUYS WE HAVE SHIT NOW THAT OTHER CONSOLES/PC HAS HAD FOR EVER". The only way last night would have gotten me pumped is if Gaben came out with HL3 as an exclusive, a brand new awesome MGS game was shown, or if Naughty Dog showed some cool stuff.

Comment

• Until Microsoft shows their new system I refuse to get excited for either one.

Comment

Working...
                                X