Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. Just the Steam Deck controls. Since your're running game pass from the cloud (Edge browser) it does a controller check the same as it does on your PC. So it said "hey there's no controller, how the fuck you gonna do anything?"

So I ran the Konsole command Microsoft has in their instructions again (the typo was literally I missed a space) and it works. You still get a "no controller recognized" message, but then you boot up the game and it's totally fine.

Played Mafia for like 3-4 hours last night. I left my Deck plugged in while chilling on the couch, and bumped it up to medium and 30 fps. It definitely got warm, but plays great and looks good. The only thing I would change is the thumb stick placement. They're like 1/4 or 1/2 inch too high to be perfect. If they moved the STEAM and options buttons to the top and slid everything down a tiny bit it would be perfect.

Comment

• So I'm dumb but does this thing have a docking station to connect to your TV or is it fully handheld?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• There's a dock "coming soon" and it's being shown at Tokyo Game Show right now...but it's just USB C. There's tons of people showing their USB C Docks with HDMI out and playing it on their TV and using it for charging.

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-steam-deck-dock/

Comment

• ah cool. That's kind of neat. I struggle with knowing if I need that or not lol. I love technology but I have no idea how often I'd use it since all of my other handholds are currently gathering dust BUT IF SONY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DUMB WITH THIER STUPID MEMORY CARD BULLSHIT I'd be playing my Vita constantly. Still the best handheld ever imo.

If I can play it on a tv, then I want to play it on a tv lol. BUT it's just so sexy looking.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It's really great. For me it's matter of being able to watch more TV while playing a game, or being able to just hang out with Sarah even if I am listening to a podcast and playing a game on it. I may eventually try the dock thing, but if it's a game I feel like I NEED to play on a big screen then I am buying it on Xbox or just sitting at my desk. Like, no way am I getting Modern Warfare 2 on Steam and playing on Steam Deck. That's Xbox, big fucking TV and surround sound.

Today I am going to try and get all the emulation shit working. If that doesn't take long then I am going to try and see if I can get Warcraft with the console mod working.

Comment

• I always wanted to fuck with Dreams but never did for some reason. This guy took it to a whole new level. Jesus fucking christ.

Comment

• Got emulation running on the deck. The only "issue" I had was the Emudeck bios packet didn't include the files for Xemu, so I had to find those two bios and boot files. I will load up Dreamcast, PSX, and PS2 tomorrow. I did a few Gamecube games and they're big enough to really need some time to do the file transfer. If I can do all that and it doesn't take my entire Saturday I maaaaaaaaaaaay mess with Wii U and Switch?

Comment

• Emulation status:

Wii U not recognized for some reason. 3DS games say they're encrypted even though my roms are specifically not encrypted. PSX and PS2 working perfect after loading. Forgot to do Dreamcast.

I downloaded the Heroic Games Launcher, which is the app to get Epic Games Store on the Steam Deck. Downloading THPS 1 & 2 right now to try. Anything online multi doesn't work if it has anti-cheat. Fortnite apparently has a linux version but Epic hasn't set it to work on Steam Deck, which fucking SUUUUCKS.

Comment

• https://kotaku.com/gtavi-gta-vi-gta-...ump-1849550414

These leaks are crazy. Saw this morning on twitter and was watching videos for like 30 minutes. TONS of shit out there. Dude has access to source code and was just sharing code that's currently the subject of some lawsuit Rockstar has going and shit.

Comment

• Cool. Bring it on.

Comment

• THPS1&2 doesn't work at all. You can eventually get it to boot, but then there's issues with levels not rendering in full. Bummer.

Comment

• Ted Lasso and AFC Richmond are showing up in the new FIFA. Fucking awesome. May need to grab this as I love me some FIFA and it's been awhile.

I do however miss the days I could import my face into these games. I still DO NOT UNDERSTAND why this isn't a feature in ALL game with customizable characters.

Comment

• Those never work for me, to this day. I tried with 2K23 last week. The beard completely breaks it. I look like the dude from True Detective S1.

Comment

• True, I never tried doing it with my beard. At that point I'd just upload an old photo. My UFC 2 guy was fucking amazing with my stupid face.

Comment

• Damn. BoneLab devs are great. This shit is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X