Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you get Arcade as part of your iOS service bundle here's a ton of new dope shit on there.

https://kotaku.com/apple-arcades-big...s-i-1846605500

Comment

• If you've never played Mini Metro and have Arcade there's no excuse. One of my absolute favorite mobile games ever, I still play it weekly.

Comment

• yes.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• that video is 100% on point. Fuckin' knife guys, man.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• ANY melee in Warzone is fucking trash ass OP AF
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• This shit is amazing. AMAZING.

Comment

• https://playbackbone.com/

Sarah got me this for my birthday. It's rad. In about 10 minutes I had it all going with Xbox, PS5, and Steam all running remote. Controller quality is really good too. The app is slick as fuck as well. Going to mess with it some more this evening.

Comment

• let me know what kind of latency there is with some xbox/ps5 games. I'd love to use the cloud based shit so Lesley can watch tv.

Comment

• I am going to test it out here in a bit. I booted up some stuff just to see that it connected, and at least on the PS5 dashboard it was instant but it also told me it was running 100MBPS over wifi.

Comment

• Messed with it some more, and so far no lag I can notice. Sitting here in my office and watching the response between PS5 or Steam interfaces while using it is miliseconds. Can't tell there's any real delay from input to response. Sarah came in and saw me using my PS5 controller and was like "youre not using your new thing!" Woman, I am sitting in front of my PS5!

Comment

• Cool. I think I'm going to ask for it from Lesley for my bday. I'll probably ask you about it in a few weeks to see if you still dig it and if you've noticed any issues.

Comment

• This tech is fucking sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Cool. I think I'm going to ask for it from Lesley for my bday. I'll probably ask you about it in a few weeks to see if you still dig it and if you've noticed any issues.
                              Once I can log off work, I am going to go and boot up Titanfall 2 from the living room and see how it does.

Comment

• Bounced around a bunch of games yesterday on the Backbone, and it is very sweet. Started with Titanfall 2 via Steam Link. Hardest part was honestly just getting used to trying to play a FPS on a smaller screen like my iPhone. I had to adjust the sensitivity up a tiny bit on the settings, because it just felt like the acceleration wasn't as fast on the Backbone controller, but it definitely wasn't input lag. I played TF2 for like an hour, and once I had kind of a hiccup where it paused for a second, then it dropped in resolution and I got a little popup saying connection speed poor, risk of disconnect or something like that, and within like 2 minutes it resolved itself. But overall, worked fucking great even for a super twitchy game like Titanfall.

Then I booted up Returnal, and same story. Worked fine. I just don't think Returnal is grabbing me like I had hoped so I moved on. Jumped into 13 Sentinels, which I bought with the anticipation I would eventually be buying a Backbone and it worked great as well. No issues, no lag, looks great.

I need to mess with Xbox remote play, because the Backbone app sees the Xbox remote app, and I open it but it tries to just launch the game on the console instead of right to the Backbone. Going to dig into that some more. First night's impression though is that this thing rules. It also has a lightning cable passthrough so you can charge your phone while you're playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X