Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except the DLC ending fixes the ending of 3 from what I gather. I just want the 2nd one in 4k. Tried replaying it on the 360 a few months ago and it was looking pretty rough.

All that being said, I guess I never had a huge problem with how it ended, shit I kind of liked Andromeda a bunch as well but I get all of the gripes. Nothing will ever tarnish the 2nd entry for me though.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It didn’t fix shit for the zealot I was for this spacedog and pony show. Too little and far too late as a face saving strategy by a company and creative team that seemed more than happy to roll their eyes at somebody that didn’t think they did a good job concluding what they set up. There’s plenty to like that is there in the third entry, but also the worst hallmarks of the EA strip miner attitude and too many cooks in the kitchen during development as well in that dogshit multiplayer that was tacked onto it like a rotten roadkill husk atop some dime piece’s head. Totally enjoyable multiplayer, definitely the whole reason you bought into the game in first place. Smart play, BioWare.

Then that choose your fucking color/illusion of choice finale happened and it left me completely dumbfounded by how far it had all strayed from whatever the initial effort strived to do.

I remember it like it was yesterday. The screams. The BRAAAAM sounds. The utter confusion at the end and dissolution of all hope for something at all satisfying for the main character. Everybody else had a somewhat decent end to their arcs in the story, but the rug pull for the playable character was absolutely stupid.

It was really the last time I was ever really invested in a game story and it was handled so poorly at every level that it just makes me reeee like a paint huffing madman whenever I think about it.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 02-02-2021, 08:01 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If you have a decent PC rig you should definitely go here to download the cancelled Xbox360 remaster of GoldenEye.

Then grab Xenia to actually play it.

It's fucking AWESOME. HIt the RB button on your controller to swap between original N64 graphics and these new ones. It's greattttt.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That’s bretty kewl
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• A few stutters here and there, but this works amazingly well. Instant nostalgia.

Comment

• Watched a quick play through of the opening levels and it’s pretty interesting to see the contrast in the tech at times. The sound effects take me back...
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's a bunch of fun. already beat the first few levels. Highly recommend downloading the files and trying it. It's a blast and runs super fucking well.

Comment

• I think it's safe to say that one of the favorites on the boards is Josh. Working man, family man, hero to those who need a hero.

Well, seems we can all be Josh soon as this here game is on it's way. TOW THE WORLD, KIDS!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    I think it's safe to say that one of the favorites on the boards is Josh. Working man, family man, hero to those who need a hero.

Well, seems we can all be Josh soon as this here game is on it's way. TOW THE WORLD, KIDS!!!!!
                    From the pics it looks like it includes jump starts and tire changes so at least it's somewhat accurate in what you'd be doing. Hopefully it has unlocks too so you can all understand the sheer frustration of knowing exactly how to do something and the vehicle just NOT cooperating. :-)
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'm just hoping it has head shaking and cursing action.

Comment

• Well, if it's going for full sim, for sure. :-)
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• PS5 VR announced. Finally. I used the HELL out of my PSVR launch helmet to the point that it no longer works.

Comment

• Ari time to get Cold War man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Ari time to get Cold War man.

OHHHH SHITTTTT
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• this sounds awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X