Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still need to install Avengers, but I've been rocking Tony Hawk pretty hard.

I just need to get a handle on playing a PS controller again with it.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Avengers has a few tiny nagging design issues for me, but I'm enjoying it aside from those. They're not deal breaking issues just pet peeve type stuff for me. Tony Hawk is sooooo good. A couple of the levels feel like the field of view is different or maybe the level scale is slightly different but holy shit is it fun. Remaster or not I'm glad I picked it up.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Picked up Avengers based on Jersh. Shit looks amazing in 4k. Designs of characters should have been changed a bit more because they all feel like TV versions of themselves. The brawling is a bit sloppy and I fucking suck due to the timings atm. The loot system is the kind I hate as its so incremental but all that being said, I think I like it? Hahahh. Definitely gonna finish the single player as I am digging the shit out of Kamala.

Buttttt Tony Hawk is taking up all of my free time right now. Trying to unlearn all of my amazing Skate controls is hard though. Haha.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I didn't expect to love Avengers as much as I do, so yay for a new time suck.

I'm at a point in Tony Hawk, where I'm just trying to find all the stat points to max out my skater.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Finally in the groove with the fighting in this game. Having fun as Tony.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, once you kind of figure out the blocking mechanic and the 2nd bar management it starts to really feel better. I still have no idea what the fuck that 2nd bar is but yeah. It's a thing and you gotta figure it out LOL
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• About 80% done with THPS. Having issues getting the final golds, and a couple sick scores.

Grabbed NBA2K21 and whoa boy they shit the bed with this year. Planned on enjoying a deep dive of My Career over the long weekend, because I had such a good time with it last year. Well, they changed the shot meter completely so it makes no sense. It's fucking impossible to hit shots and layups (there's videos out there of people hitting the "splash" perfect shots...then they rim out). All the defenses are fucking prime Hakeem and you CANNOT score in the paint. You either get the ball batted away, blocked, or you just forget how to score and layups fall away from the rim. AI is just CRAZY tough, and impossible to get any kind of separation, even when running picks. In my career a great way to get points and juice your character was calling for fast breaks, but this year your teammates REFUSE to pass to you, and if you do get on a fast break the opposing AI flash's their ass down the lane and blocks you. And they also changed how the right stick controls and adjusts your players shots and layups and shit, so you've got to relearn how it all works, and it's not at all intuitive.

They rolled out a hotfix for the shooting, but it doesn't even begin to fix the other shit. Shooting still feels awful, and the new shot meter is impossible to decipher.

Comment

• New Xbox out for pre-order for 500 on September 22nd. Yay. They also announced that EA Play is part of Game Pass Ultimate now. Goddamn Microsoft, let's do this.

Comment

• Incredible deal. I already pay for microsoft ultimate or whatever it's called, so it's a no brainer to get this. Even if I play a ton of PC, there's some games I just want to sit in the living room on the couch with.

Comment

• I am already paying for EA live (subscription ends this november) so I'm excited to just get it for free. Game Pass is Microsoft's ultimate effff you to Sony. Sony needs something better than PS Now.

Comment

• I've not played FIFA ever, and haven't bought Madden since...07? So just having those to play a few games when I feel like it is worth it. Then I get new Stars Wars with it too? Ah yeah.

Comment

• I'm at a point where sony better have something up their sleeves because the Xberx is starting to look like it misses me.

Comment

• So I was pumped to play Battletoads with the #joyboyz last night and we found out it's couch co-op only.

WTS Rare? Why not both? Fucking stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              I'm at a point where sony better have something up their sleeves because the Xberx is starting to look like it misses me.
                              In two years they will probably have a new God of War, and a new Tsushima in three years. I see their huge single player games taking a big schedule hit from COVID. Plenty of developers talked about not being able to do mocap and things like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                So I was pumped to play Battletoads with the #joyboyz last night and we found out it's couch co-op only.

WTS Rare? Why not both? Fucking stupid.

WHAT?!?! I just finished the first level and it was really fun
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X