Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still bummed none of you bought Hardline for 5 bucks on the PS4 when it hit. That game is the bees knees and still has a crazy high player base on the ps4.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Do you like survival and crafting games? Does adding in space ship combat turn you on? That's No Man's Sky. That poor game has been hyped to a level it can never meet, but that's what it is. What it's always been.
      What was dumb is that it was an indie game that somehow got hyped as a system seller.

No way in fuck this game can hold up to the hype train. The fact no review copies are going out (according to reddit) is making me extremely hesitant to buy day one.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        What was dumb is that it was an indie game that somehow got hyped as a system seller.

No way in fuck this game can hold up to the hype train. The fact no review copies are going out (according to reddit) is making me extremely hesitant to buy day one.
        I bought Hardline, it just did nothing for me.

I mean, it totally can be a system seller. Minecraft is still the biggest game in the world. Gamers like 6 - 20 years old, that's what they play. Minecraft, and the like. Sony was right to say oh shit, we could have something special on our hands and ask Hello Games to promote it. I think where they fucked us was REALLY talking about the game, the mechanics, etc. They pulled a Firewatch, but with much bigger stakes.

I don't care that it's not being sent out early. That's hardly rare. Shit, Doom didn't go out early and it might be my favorite game all year! Plus they likely have a huge day one patch they're working on, and don't want people reviewing it without that which is very much the likely reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Do you like survival and crafting games? Does adding in space ship combat turn you on? That's No Man's Sky. That poor game has been hyped to a level it can never meet, but that's what it is. What it's always been.
          I know I'm getting Skyrim remastered. And I'm afraid that between that, Overwatch and Battlefront, all the gaming I can is taken.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Preordered No Man's Sky as well, despite all the hand-wringing and bitching from it's own fanbase.

I basically just need a super casual game that I can pick up and play after long breaks without being completely removed from the story, or completely outleveled and outskilled by all the other players like in online versus games.

I think the idea of fucking around the galaxy checking out new planets is pretty ballin'. Maybe they will all be bland and samey, but I read some of the planets are so large you literally need to leave the atmosphere, fly around to another part of the world and land again because its just too big to traverse. So cool.
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• There are clips of the player in the spaceship just skimming over the top of worlds. YESSSSSSSS.

Comment

• I'm interested in no mans sky, but HOW MUCH crafting? I'm not the biggest crafting fan in the world.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  I'm interested in no mans sky, but HOW MUCH crafting? I'm not the biggest crafting fan in the world.
                  I mean, it's very likely what that game is. Collect. Craft. Upgrade. Explore new worlds. Build new gear. New weapons. New ships.

Comment

• But I'm not making my own food a'la minecraft and having to block by block build a ship or some shit am I?
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Nobody knows!

Comment

• Cool.

Comment

• I mean there's been some people streaming on twitch, but I haven't looked into it. You can if you need to know.

Comment

• Spoils?

Spoiler: crafting info 
                            From what I understand the crafting is very minimal. With blueprints you can upgrade your ship, mining gun, weapons, spacesuit. Besides that I don't think there is any actual minecraft type building of any kind. You aren't supposed to stay on one planet and make a home, you are supposed to be endlessly exploring new systems.
                            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Yeah, it seems like you craft enough to upgrade and go to the next system.

Comment

• Nice, can't stand that build all of the fucking things ever type of game.

Comment

Working...
                                X