• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remastered Skyrim?

SOLD!!!!
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• So I signed up for PS Vue, since tomorrow I get my new internet service and will be canceling my cable. It's pretty nice. It has some on-demand. Looks like anything currently on TV is on demand, and anything that the season has ended has like a couple of the last episodes there. You can make a "my shows" list, and it will record episodes. I didn't see how to set it to only record new episodes or anything, so I need to look into that.

What's also cool is you get access to all the TV apps for the channels in the service via your PSN account info. So like, TBS, Comedy Central, HGTV, FXX, etc I can watch via their apps and my PS Vue log in. I also can stream the PS Vue app from my phone or tablet to a chromecast or amazon fire to my TV, so you don't need a second PS4 to watch TV in another room. Not fucking bad for $30 a month. Looks like I won't need a Hulu subscription at all. Only thing I will need to resolve is Rockets games in the fall, but I am going to rely on bootleg streams at first.

Comment

• nice. Curious to hear if you still dig it in like a month.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          So I signed up for PS Vue, since tomorrow I get my new internet service and will be canceling my cable. It's pretty nice. It has some on-demand. Looks like anything currently on TV is on demand, and anything that the season has ended has like a couple of the last episodes there. You can make a "my shows" list, and it will record episodes. I didn't see how to set it to only record new episodes or anything, so I need to look into that.

What's also cool is you get access to all the TV apps for the channels in the service via your PSN account info. So like, TBS, Comedy Central, HGTV, FXX, etc I can watch via their apps and my PS Vue log in. I also can stream the PS Vue app from my phone or tablet to a chromecast or amazon fire to my TV, so you don't need a second PS4 to watch TV in another room. Not fucking bad for $30 a month. Looks like I won't need a Hulu subscription at all. Only thing I will need to resolve is Rockets games in the fall, but I am going to rely on bootleg streams at first.

Not bad. Keep updating, as I'm very interested in this.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• After we get the net swapped out tomorrow I am going to put an old Chromecast the roommate has onto the TV back here and check it out. If the streaming shit works well on my phone I may suck it up and buy a new iPad for that.

Oh, and the important part? My current cable bill is $240 a month for supposedly 24/mbps (more like 10-12) and the second tier of basic cable, and the cheapest premium package for HBO, which I also end up paying for Cinemax, Starz, and some other premium shit I never in my life watch.

New price of net through True Stream is $70 a month for 48mbps, and if speeds don't maintain that within 15% they will only bill me for the next tier down. Then I will grab HBO now for $15 a month. PS Vue is %30 a month. And I already pay for Netflix and Amazon. So I literally cut my bill in half, while keeping everything except the local Houston sports network and probably tripling my net speed.
            Last edited by BillyG; 06-16-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Like a boss.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I think Vice is generally overblown and kind of terrible but I'm interested to see what Austin Walker does there.

Comment

• 4 of you people need to buy Dead by Daylight soon on the PC. It's like that F13 game from what I can tell so far, and while it has its fair share of bugs, this game BEGS to be played with friends. Only 15 bucks at the moment on Steam.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H5HMUAlxkws?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nice should be fun next week

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      I think Vice is generally overblown and kind of terrible but I'm interested to see what Austin Walker does there.
                      I enjoy Vice's more speciality stuff, like Noisey. So I am pretty excited for Austin. I worry about how he balances their culture and his beliefs though. He's very outspoken for good working conditions and pay, and Vice is criticized a LOT for that.

Comment

• just went to target to run some errands and I saw they had the new Splatoon chicks in Amiibo form so I was all like FUCK YEAH STAY FRESH and I went to buy them and some jerkass put them on the shelf too early and they wouldn't sell them to me.

I am sad.

Comment

• http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces...c-g-1783660997

Absolutely getting this. Hoping it connects online, and we can purchase more games. And hope this means an SNES is coming as well.

Comment

• It has a good selection of games. I have a few on the VC but, yeah, I'll be grabbing this.

Comment

• Zelda II though? Da Fuq?
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Zelda II is great.

Comment

Working...
                                X