Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $600 for the Oculus Rift is a bit much. And I guess I don't know enough about it because I thought it was a standalone device. You need to run it through your PC?

Comment

• yep. They also don't have their controllers ready which is why you just get an Xbone controller. And honestly I feel like the VIVE is gonna smash this to bits in regards to a better VR experience since you can actually stand up and move around with that one. You also need a somewhat beefy PC rig for these to work decently but thankfully they have a tool you can download to test it before dropping loot.

600 is ridiculous. But that's going to be the price point for these things. IF sony can undercut them by 200 bucks for the Morpheus I'm all over that.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I actually am 100% convinced the vive will fail for that reason. Who has room to set up a room for VR like that? I certainly don't, and I have a BIG ASS room dedicated to gaming.

I don't think $600 is ridiculous for what the technology is, just ridiculous for most consumers. Especially right after Christmas. But this is a first iteration. I bet the second round goes to $400 and there will be WAY more software. Right now it's literally just EVE Vaklyrie and that platforming game which eh.

Hoping PS VR comes in $300-400. $300 is my fuck it I am grabbing it day one price.

Comment

• I dunno man, the last interview I read over at tom's hardware said that the vive can work in a space just as large as you would need for the kinect. Which means that's not a problem in my gaming room. I also want true VR not just head tracking.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• 600 before tax and shipping is ridiculous for a product that is first generation with a lack of titles as you said.

If I had "fuck you" money I may grab it but I don't and would rather wait until all of the chips are on the table in regards to HTC and Sony.

This feels a bit like the dreamcast launch. Amazing and those that grabbed it day 1 loved it (like me) but as soon as the PS2/Xbox hit that shit was dead in the water (I still have my dreamcast but I'm still upset with how that whole generation played out). Here's hoping that this actually takes off and we see a bunch of cools shit in the next year from all 3 of the players.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NixHENChoQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• the "I dont' have enough room" argument may not be needed. The "I don't have enough money for this" probably still stands.

Comment

• Leatherface and Alien coming to Mortal Kombat X.

Awesome. If they can just bring back Freddy (but with only ONE GLOVE) then we're getting closer to the all horror icon fighting game.

Comment

• There's an all horror icon fight game some people made that actually looks pretty decent. Giant Bomb played it on a UPF a couple years ago.

Comment

• it's okay, but really unbalanced. I have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Leatherface and Alien coming to Mortal Kombat X.

Awesome. If they can just bring back Freddy (but with only ONE GLOVE) then we're getting closer to the all horror icon fighting game.
                        YAASsssssssssssssss
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The more I think about it the more annoyed I'm getting with Harmonix completely dropping the ball on the soundtrack rewards for Amplitude backers. The digital download reward is only two-thirds of the campaign setlist. They are saying it's because they want to portray the soundtrack as a cohesive concept album and only included the tracks with lyrics.

Now, let's excuse the fact that a MUSIC GAME company is basically saying wordless music can't tell a story. In the Reddit AMA they explained, and this makes sense to a certain degree, that vinyl can only have 19 minutes of music per side so they curated the soundtrack to that length. That restriction doesn't apply to a freakin digital download! Personally I think they should've just done a 2x LP and if they didn't need the fourth side just put a cool etching on it, but I know that would've cost more.

And they apparently didn't expect people to be pissed about this because they didn't even do a final master for the excluded tracks! They are "considering" adding the other five songs later. I'm mostly pissed because a couple of my favorite tracks are instrumentals so they're not included. Plus they should have been up front about this. Just ridiculous.

Comment

• that seems like a load of shit. That sucks man. I'd be bummed if my favorite tracks werent' even on the LP.

I was more annoyed with the fact there aren't any fun songs on that game like in the originals. I wanted some different types of music, not some story about a stroke victim or whatever so they can just use their in house musicians.

I WANT SLIPKNOT AND NO DOUBT AND FUN THINGS

Comment

• Yeah, they did that to keep cost down and I think it's biting them a little bit. I'll be interested to see if they support any licensed DLC if it does well enough.

Comment

• I was totally going to buy it then I realized I don't give a shit what music Harmonix comes up with if they don't have any licensed tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X