Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astro headsets are going to be on sale at Best Buy this weekend for their four day Labor Day sale. You have access now if you're a Reeard Zone member . I've been waiting for these things to go on sale for months. Just grabbed the Master Chief a50s in anticipation of Rock Band 4. $40 off!

Comment

• Are they any good? I have those Sony wireless ones for my PS4 but would like some for the bone.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Im not sure but every review says they're the best wireless option available. They're expensive so I've been waiting for them to go on sale for a while. I did try the a40s (the wired version) at...Target, I think, and they sounded good to me. I'm supposed to get them on Monday so I'll let you know.

But that's not soon enough to still get the sale price and I just realized Monday is a holiday so I probably won't get them that day anyway.

Comment

• Just got my email from Amazon letting me know I have release date shipping for RB4. YES
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I have no such email! What the fuck.

Comment

• The last set of RB4 songs have been announced-

Brad Paisley ft. Keith Urban – Start A Band
              Brandi Carlile – Mainstream Kid
              Dark Wheels – V-Bomb
              Gary Clark Jr. – Ain’t Messin ‘Round
              Gin Blossoms – Follow You Down
              Grouplove – Tongue Tied
              Imagine Dragons – I Bet My Life
              Jeff Allen ft. Noelle LeBlanc and Naoko Takamoto – Recession
              Johnny Blazes and the Pretty Boys – Cold Clear Light
              Lynyrd Skynyrd – That Smell
              Mumford & Sons – The Wolf
              R.E.M. – The One I Love
              The Warning – Free Falling
              Nothing I would call a heavy hitter in that set but definitely some good choices. Plus I always like when a new artist I like shows up, even if I wouldn't pick that song, because that opens the possibility for future DLC. I'm really happy Gary Clark Jr. and Gin Blossoms (yeah yeah, I know) made it in.

That Skynrd song is great, too. It always reminds of the time in high school English class when the radio was on and the stoner kid (who was probably 19?) kept asking our uptight, nice old lady teacher "can you smell that smell? It surrounds you!"

Comment

• Nice on Gin Blossoms but otherwise meh. None of those do anything for me as I don't even know who half of those people are. I AM OLD.

Comment

• Paisley and Urban are new "country" but can play guitar, Brandi Carlisle is pretty good, Gary Clark Jr. Is awesome and can shred the guitar, I've heard that Grouplove song before and it's pretty catchy, imagine Dragons are GAH-BAGE, and those Skynyrd, Mumford, and REM songs are all good.

I've been playing the RB4 spotify mix shuffle on occasion and there's rarely a stinker than comes on. With the Amazon preorder that'll be close to 90 songs out of the box and I think that's pretty good. I hope they work out a relicensing deal for the RB3 disc songs so all 600+ songs in my library will port over.

Comment

• The setlists for these new Rock Band and Guitar Hero games have really cemented the fact that I am over this genre. Both games combined I'd be hard pressed to find 5 songs I could give a shit about singing or playing on plastic instruments. They arent going to revive these franchises with 20 'who??' for every 'Panama'
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                      The setlists for these new Rock Band and Guitar Hero games have really cemented the fact that I am over this genre.
                      Yup. I look at the lists and just think "who the fuck wants to play that with friends?"

Comment

• I think a big reason for that is budget driven- licensing fees. It's much easier to grab a bunch of cheap, new stuff and one or two big hits than only gunning for the white whales. It's a bummer but Harmonix at least has a pretty good track record with still getting big songs for DLC.

Comment

• I'm still fucking pumped for it. I was watching a video last night showing off the new free style solos with a Tom Petty song and my mind was blooowwwnnnn. Baltar solos are gonna be amazing.

Comment

• I am so excited for the freestyle solos and new drum fills. Oh man. i think there will be a little learning curve to the solos but then it's going to be awesome.

Comment

• oh shit new drum fills? I haven't seen any videos of that.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a new Overdrive activation option. Instead of a few blank bars to play whatever you want they have a huge pool of fills built into the game that will scroll instead. They are genre- and tempo- specific so they'll match the song pretty well. And they're random so you won't necessarily know what's coming. It looks pretty neat. I never cared for the blank fills because I would always want to go a little longer and screw up my streak so I always turned them off once they included that option.

Comment

Working...
                                X