Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Square being all "well, we only sold like 2m copies, so we aren't really happy with the performance" and everything thinking they were fucking CRAZY because the game hadn't even been out that long?

Microsoft swoops in, tells Square, hey you like money and want guaranteed cash? Here you go! Fund another shitty FF with it!

I can totally see this being a legit MS exclusive. But seriously? Who cares. There's exclusives on both sides. I don't know why people are getting in a tizzy over Tomb Raider.

Comment

• I'm mostly upset because exclusivity (especially with a series that has been cross platform for ever) is just shitty for gamers.

I have no problem with Halo or Gears only being on Microsoft, or Uncharted and Little Big Planet only being on sony, I'm just bummed because now my wife can't play the next chapter in her favorite series unless we drop 400 bucks.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, it's completely backwards to go from cross-platform to console exclusive. That really makes no sense unless $$$$.

Comment

• exactly. That's why people are pissed. Especially with the fact the remastered TR on the PS4 outsold the XBONE version. But this just means I guess I'll see some of you on the XBONE here soon.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Apparently Microsoft has now confirmed that the deal has "a duration" but wouldn't give any kind of specifics..

Fucking gaming politics and half truths
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• yep. Just read that. Looks like I won't need to buy an XBONE now. At least until Halo hits.

Comment

• soon.

Comment

• NICE. Although that show will pale in comparison to Billy and I's dentistry themed podcast, Gingervitis.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Pixel Junkies. Not much of a gamer, but I'm listening anyway.

Gingervitis. MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN!

Comment

• We recorded for about 2.45 hours. Probably splitting the episode up into parts 1 and two for the debut. I'm really excited about this show. It's nice to chat with someone who knows as much if not more about video games than me. During the recording (as I veered off topic more than a few times...) it was established that we have plenty of talking points for a ton of shows.

This show will definitely be much more structured than any show we've done in the past. For example, we had about 4 pages of notes for the first episode and in 2.45 hours we only made it through the first page. And those 3 hours fucking flew by. So yeah, hopefully the first episode will be up this weekend and within a few weeks I hope to have a new site launched that will be completely video game centric so as to not overload BDR.

Comment

• In the mean time make sure to like us at www.facebook.com/thepixeljunkies

Comment

• I am going to have to work on keeping Rob focused or else all these podcasts will be six hours long, and only talk about half the shit we want to. So if anyone can send in some adderall, that would be great.

Comment

• hahah. I'll get better. Like I said, for years I wanted to do a structured show but Ceej doesn't work that way so I had to adapt. Give it a few eps and I'll be right as rain.

Comment

• possible logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                I am going to have to work on keeping Rob focused or else all these podcasts will be six hours long, and only talk about half the shit we want to. So if anyone can send in some adderall, that would be great.
                                also, to my credit you talked about Morrowind for like an hour haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X