No announcement yet.

Brutal Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reviews for this don't bother me a bit. It's a goddamn Tim Schafer game. I've owned and played pretty much any game he's ever worked on.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I disagree with the review just because. Plus if you trade two preselected games you can pick this up for $20
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Yah but it's there just incase. I've enjoyed everything he's worked on as well. I just fucking wished there was a downloadable version of Grim Fandango. GAHHHH.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

This game makes me a sad panda. I want to love it, but at the moment I just can't. The world = awesome
          The voice acting = awesome
          The game mechanics = subpar at best

Tis the bane of games that try to be a bunch of different things. Instead of being awesome at one, it's mediocre at all. I'm hoping my stance changes as I go through it more, but I dunno. Although I wouldn't mind trying some mulitplayer as I keep hearing that it's pretty awesome.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Seriously, having a shoddy RTS mechanic coupled with a rhythm mini game is fucking asinine.

Comment

Hmm, maybe I should rent this instead. I was thinking of buying this or Borderlands this week, now I'm wary of both from what I've heard recently.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I'd honestly rent this game man. I'm pissed I'm out 60 bucks. And I too wanted to pick up Borderlands, but will probably wait. Fucking Uncharted 2 is ruining me for games at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Seriously, having a shoddy RTS mechanic coupled with a rhythm mini game is fucking asinine.
                  This is what kept me from buying the game. Should have read the reviews, Robbly.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Oh I read the reviews. As much as I'm not a fan of the mini games within the RTS, it's the fact that the RTS mechanic in the single player game is kind of busted. It's freaking impossible to know who I'm fighting half the time.

Comment

Ok, so I'm not hating the game AS much, but it's still a rental.

Comment

Rob, you're so incredibly wrong about this game. If you had a bitch of a time working the RTS in this, then don't pick up The Godfather II.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I'll take that. Here's my deal, RTS's (and this one is pretty fucking weak when it comes to RTS's) don't work on consoles. I'm a PC gamer through and through, and the demo pegs this as a God of War clone, which it isn't. The RTS isn't hardcore enough and at the same time isn't easy enough to make the game fun. And that's my problem. The game just isn't fun. At all. And the Tim Schaferism's die like half way through the game. And it turns into a generic piece of shit IMO. And it's not like I wanted it to. It just is. Psychonuats/Dott/etc/ > Brutal Legend.

Comment

Well, this is the first Tim Schaefer game that I've dug. I find Monkey Island to be trite and his other work to be really standard.

However, he has hit all the right notes with me here. Could've used more tits, though.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Monkey Island is more Ron Gilbert than Schafer. Schafer is known for Maniac Mansion/DOTT, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and Psychonauts.

And everyone of those games are miles better than this one IMO.

This should have stayed a fucking RTS and for the computer. Porting it to consoles and dumbing it down was a huge mistake.

I love everything about this game but the fucking gameplay.

Comment

But, it is metal. Nothing metal can be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X