5 1/2 ounces chocolate*

6 Tbsp butter, cubed*

3/4 C heavy cream

2 egg yolks

For finishing:

1 egg and 1 Tbsp milk, lightly beaten

White sugar, for sprinkling on top

Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 400
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Don’t know why it cut it off, let’s try this again…

Line baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the chocolate, tossing until the pieces are evenly distributed and coated with flour. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two table knives until about the size of peas*.

In a small bowl*, stir cream and egg yolks until just blended. Add this mixture to the flour. Stir with fork or spatula until just starting to combine, then use your hands to gently knead/fold the mixture until all the dry ingredients can be gathered into a moist, shaggy ball. Don’t overknead: it’ll be sticky, but you want to work with the dough as little as possible to keep the scones tender. Place the ball on the baking sheet and gently press into a round about 7 inches in diameter. With a bench scraper or sharp knife, cut the circle into 8 wedges; separate the wedges so they don’t bake into one massive blob. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar before throwing the baking sheet in the oven for 18-22 minutes. Slide the parchment onto a cooling rack as soon as you pull them out of the oven so the bottoms don’t overtake.

Allow to cool for a few minutes before noshing.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I was going to do notes, but it keeps cutting my shit off. I’m frustrated, so I’m taking a break for now

Comment

• Sorry, I don't know why that happens to some people. Honestly, if I know I'm going to post a long thing, I do it in text pad. But I appreciate the attempt and I will definitely try to make these and post my failure.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I have no idea why it does it either. I just assumed it was a glitch on my end.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a glitch in the system somewhere and my google-fu on what could be causing it has come up with bupkiss. :/
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
              X