No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well then, the million dollar question, Martin. Does it improve or hamper poutine?

Comment

• Let's not talk blasphemy here. A good poutine doesn't need that, but a bad one could.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• 379. Hatch Hot Picante I used to order salsa samplers from an outfit called Salsa Express back in the day. Their selection has diminished greatly in recent years, but before it did this was in a couple samplers I got, and I loved it so much I bough a few jars on their own. As the blurb in the catalog used to say: "Very traditional and very, very good". Nothing fancy here; tomatoes, onions, Hatch green chiles and a whole jalapeno in every jar. Best basic salsa I ever had, and a nice hot but not searing heat level. If you live where this can be routinely purchased, well. . . I envy you.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 380. Green Mountain Gringo Hot Salsa My second favorite basic salsa. This one adds cilantro to the mix, and is just a bit hotter & more liquid than Hatch, but is more readily available hereabouts (it's made in VT, of all places, so I guess its being available in the Northeast is no surprise).

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 381. Religious Experience Wrath Salsa Almost like a slightly chunky sauce more so than salsa. It uses a heavy dash of cumin & other middle eastern spices for a different spin on flavor. And as the name implies, this one is HOT. The company makes mild, med & hot varieties. . . Wrath is the one after that. But for all its heat, the flavor shines thru deliciously. I haven't seen this one in years. . . GOD I wish I had some now. . .

Comment

• That Hatch salsa is good shit. I had it once in Fredericksburg, TX.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• 382. Tres Leches

If you don't know, well just end your life now because it's fucking empty and miserable.

Comment

• 383. Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale

Food? WE DON'T NEED FOOD WHEN WE HAVE BEER AS GOOD AS THIS.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Honestly, not a fan of that one. I had it last week at the Drafthouse...and I dunno, the aftertaste was the flavor of the aroma of cat piss, if that makes sense.

Comment

• Wierd. Maybe you had a bad batch? I drank like 4-5 of them the other night at the bar and fucking LOVED it. Much more so than the normal ale.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I dunno. It was straight from the tap, and the Alamo is pretty serious about their beer so I would assume someone had told them if it wasn't tasting right. I need to try some other Arrogant Bastard stuff, that was my only encounter with them so far.

Comment

• The normal stuff is good as is their Stone Ale (think that's the name)

Comment

• 384: Vag, easy on the hair...

Just kidding... Chianti

Simple chianti is high in acidity and has a fruit flavor similar to cherries, making it a great match with everyday Italian foods like pasta with marinara or other red sauce, chicken cutlets, salami sandwiches, pizza, and many other foods.

When you buy it, try to find the youngest vintage possible...usually two or three years old.

The average bottle goes for $7-$10, so stock up... and get fucked up!

Comment

• Almost bought a bottle on Sunday, then I remembered that I am a fucking MAN with HUGE BALLS and bought bourbon instead. [/insecurity]

I still wants me some, though.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Buying Italian wine does not threaten one's masculinity... especially if you throw a 'Hey, Paisan!' at the clerk when paying for it...

Comment

Working...
                                X