No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 352. Jalapeno Peppers One of my favorite ingredients in cooking, and awesome sliced on nachos. There is nothing else in the world that tastes esactly like a jalapeno. The fact they add a nice level of heat is a bonus and a half.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 353. Ham & Provolone Subs Mustard is a must. Vinegar & oil a viable option. IMO, provolone goes along with almost everything. But it seems it was born to go with ham more than any other lunch meat. It is in fact, the only cheese I really like with ham.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 354. Chocolate Cream Pie It's chocolate cream, with whipped cream on top of it. Helll-oooo!

Comment

• 355. Hot Prepared Horseradish A different kind of heat than pepper based hot sauces. You FEEL it more in the nostrils than anywhere else. Cleans out the sinuses somethin' righteous, lemme tell ya. Its relationship with beef is well known. Perhaps a little less well known, but worth investigating, is how good it is with smoked ham. Try a dollop next time you bake one, and you'll thank me later.

Comment

• 356. Radishes Aside from the pepperoncini, best part of a salad, if you ask me.

Comment

• 357. Water Chestnuts One of the best parts of any Chinese stir fry. LOVE that crunch, and the mellow, slightly nutty flavor.

Comment

• 358. Boar's Head Londonport Roast Beef Roast beef is a cold cut that it's easy to screw up, and hard to do really well. BH does it really well with their Londonport roast beef. Nicely spiced, lean and tender. Best around, IMO.

Comment

• 359. Boar's Head Horseradish Sauce A truly excellent condiment for roast beef, and not too bad on ham sammiches, either. A nice high nostril flaring level of heat, to boot.

Comment

• 360. Boar's Head Cracked Pepper Turkey Adds a nice level of baseline heat to a turkey sammimch, complimented nicely by a generous dollop of mayo.

Comment

• 361. Red Wine Vinegar I love vinegar in general, but ya gotta give the nod to red wine. It's the best all around, utility infielder. Works for just about any application. Are there situations where another vinegar is the better or the only choice? Sure there are. BUt when I need a general application vinegar, this is the one I reach for the most. It'll make a vinegarette, great for dipping egg rolls, salad rdressing bases, adding to pickled beets, drizzling on sammiches, etc., etc. For being a kitchen workhorse, red wine vinegar gets its place on this list.

Comment

• 362. Balsamic Vinegar Remember those situations I mentioned where red wine vinegar doesn't work? This is the one you use for most of them. Fruity and tangy, nothing else in the world tastes like balsamic vinegar.

Comment

• 363. Rice Wine Vinegar I've mentioned numerous times how much I like to dip egg rolls in vinegar. The best vinegar for this application is rice wine vinegar. Makes sense, I guess, considering its origin.

Red wine comes in second, BTW. And don't try this w/ balsamic. Trust me.

Comment

• 364. Steve Raichlen's Jamaican Jolt Barbecue Rub Lot of ingredients in this. Gives it a lot of flavor. BUt the 4 tsp of habanero pepper powder take this over the top on heat. Just the way I like it.

Comment

• 365. Cranberry Juice I love fruits with tartness to them. Not much of a stretch I'd like this.

Comment

• 366. Cranberry - Grape Juice The slightly sweeter grape juice blunts the tartness of the cranberry juice in a most pleasing fashion. The whole is light years better than the sum of the parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X