No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 340. Apple Jacks Love the apple-y sweet cinnamon flavor of these bad boys. A big ol' box of them is all that stands between me and Shredded Wheat glory!

Well, that and a trip to the store. . .
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 341: Hot and Sour Soup

I love it even when it's fairly weak, but make up a batch of REALLY hot soup with crunchy noodles in it and it's heaven.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Jesus, Iggy...you're taking me on a trip down teenaged breakfast cereal lane. I'm not disagreeing with you, though.
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• 342. Chipwiches How can you not like a pair of oversized, soft chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream between them, and rolled in chocolate chips?

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 343. My Version of an Ice Cream Sundae 3 scoops of strawberry ice cream, one covered with Hershey's cholcoate syrup, one with caramel syrup, and one with pineapple ice cream topping. Wet walnuts (ideally), a sliced banana, extra creamy Redi Whip, and a maraschino cherry or 2.

Comment

• 344. Dairy Queen Dipped Vanilla Cones The RED ones, that is. The Magic Shell shit at the supermarket is NOT the same.

Comment

• 345. Santa Barbara Olive Co's Roasted Garlic & Olive Salsa No heat to speak of, but great roasted garlic flavor, black & green olives in chunky profusion. . . I haven't had any in years. Wish I knew where to get some now. You Cali livin' muthas can probably get this at the drop of a hat. believe me when I tell you that any SBOC product is gonna be worth the premium price tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  339: Pot Stickers

But only when they're done right. They need to be seared on one side to give it that slight crunch when you bite into them. Also, the dipping sauces need to be fresh and hot.
                  I'm a fan depending on the filling. I've had pot stickers that have had too much filling and some that are a little heavy on chives or ginger.
                  If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• I hate when I go somewhere for pot stickers and all I taste is grease.

Comment

• *A-hem!*

OK, cue the music.

["Rocky" Theme Starts Playing]

Thought I was done, didn't ya? Well I'm back, mothafuckas. Never say die!

346. Jalapeno Poppers They're jalapeno peppers. Battered & deep fried. And stuffed. With. CHEESE. What more need be said?

Comment

• 347. Pasta With Vodka Sauce Penne is probably the best and most frequently used pasta for this sauce, but I've had very acceptable rigatoni versions. It's pretty hard to screw this one up, although quality does vary widely. The best I ever had was from the Sunrise diner in Newark. The number 30, with grilled chicken. Sadly, the Sunrise is no longer with us. But I still have a dog eared take out menu tucked away somewhere. I take it out every so often and wax nostalgic about one of the few bright spots in my law school years.

Comment

• 348. Beer Battered Onion Rings I don't mess with onion rings too often. Really gotta be in the mood for these. But if the menu indicates they're beer battered, I may get in that mood a little more easily, knowhutahmean?

Comment

• 349. Chicken McNuggets Yeah, I'm goin' there. I don't know what exactly is in 'em. I don't WANT to know. But I recently had some beer battered chicken fingers at a restaurant, and really, really liked them. With some degree of shame, I now have to admit the reason for that is they reminded me of McNuggets. Something about the consistency of the batter coating just does it for me. Smooth and not too crunchy. . . I just like 'em. Sue me.

Comment

• 350. Alton Brown's French Onion Soup Best version I've ever had anywhere. If you haven't tried this, do yourself the favor. I bought a\n electric fryer and soup crocks just to make this stuff. I don't do it too often, but every time I make it, I wish I did.

Comment

• 351. Turkey & Provolone Subs Turkey, provolone (sharp/picante preferred), mayo, lettuce & tomato if you feel like it, but vinegar & oil are a must. SOmething about the tanginess of the vinegar (red wine is best in this application, if you ask me) just compliments the mayo & turkey perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X