500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    316. Reddi Whip Extra Creamy Is fresh home made whipped cream better? Mmmmm. . . . maybe. But this stuff is so rich and just the right amount of sweet I may never try my hand at whipping the cream myself. The perfect topper for any ice cream sundae.
    Alright, who amongst you stuck the can in their mouth and went to town?
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      Alright, who amongst you stuck the can in their mouth and went to town?
      >___>
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Figures

Comment

• 321. "Polish Hamburgers" W/ Brown Onion Sauce The real name of these things is too damned long. Suffice it to say: flour & brown in oil oblong patties made from ground beef; pour into baking dish w/ drippings, water, a splash of wine, 2-3 smashed garlic cloves & a couple splashes of Maggi seasoning. Bake, covered, for 1/2 hr @ 350. meanwhile, prepare a roux-based onion sauce (saute onions in butter, add flour, add beef broth & more Maggi, some crumbled bay leaf, salt & pepper, & simmer until thick & bubbly). Serve w/ the sauce in a gravy boat w/ a small ladle for spooning it onto the burgers. A long, involved dish (makes a lot of pots dirty), but God DAMN is it good. I make it for my father in law every time I visit his home in Myrtle beach.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Iggy, could you perhaps mail some of these burgers over to me?

Comment

• 322. "Polish Hamburgers" with Sour Cream Sauce Same as above, except you add some sliced onions before putting them in the overn, and instead of onion sauce, you fork blend some flour w/ some sour cream, mix that w/ a generous splash of the pan drippings, and simmer until thick & bubbly. Pour over the bugers & serve. My grandmother made a different version of these than the one I make (I got my recipe from a cookbook; grandma's unfortunately died with her), which blow mine away Hiroshima style. The sauce was much browner and more flavorful than mine; I speculate she may have added onion soup mix? Or maybe a ridiculous amount of Maggi seasoning? Or both? I haven't made these in awhile w/ the sour cream sauce; some experimentation along those lines may be in order.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 323. Chocolate Covered Almonds Best of the chocolate covered nuts, IMO. I can POUND these things.

POUND, I say.

Comment

• 324. Chocolate Covered Peanuts Not quite as good individually as cholcotae covered almonds, but you can just pick on them all day long. Sooooo goood. . . .

Comment

• 325. Chocolate Covered Raisins The sweetness of the raisins almost seems tart by comparison to the sweetness of the chocolate. You can just pop these things into your mouth for hours on end, given chance. One of my fondest memories was of a night spent with some of my law school buddies shortly after we all graduated. We met at my friend Frank's house, went out to the movies at a mall. On the way out, we stopped in at pne of those by-the-pound candy stores, and bought a huge bag of chocolate covered raisins. . . it hadda weigh a couple pounds, easy. And we munched them all night and watched Alien on FX. And drank beer. Good times.

Comment

• Say Iggy, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel? *wink*

Comment

• 326. Sopa de Albondigas A recipe from the "Heat Wave" cookbook, this is a moderately spicy Mexican meatball soup, that gets its kick from chiles en adobo & their juice. I oftenmake a pot when I'm living alone for an extended period, as when my wife is visiting her parents for the month of July, as I can get several meals out of it (and she wouldn't want to eat this, which makes it a waste of resources if she's home).

Comment

• 327. Spicy Cheese Soup This one came from the Crock Pot Slow Cooker recipe book. It calls for Velveeta cheese, but don't let that turn you off. It's really fucking good. Ground beef, jalapenos, tomatoes and glorious, melty cheese. This one also has a nice level of heat, which makes it another "wife's away" recipe, from which I can also get several meals.

Comment

• 328. Potato Chowder Thick cream based soup with potatoes, which almost always contains some ham or bacon. Rich & hearty, these will fill you up nicely. What's not to like?

Comment

• 329. The Cream of Turkey Soup at Terry's Coffe Shop in Union City I used to got to thid place every day (literally. . . EVERY DAY) when I worked at my 1st job out of law school. And Thursdsay's soup was always cream of turkey. Delicious and savory, hearty and filling. Alongside a grilled cheese sandwich or a burger, this was just amazing.

Comment

• 330. Eggs scrambled with maple sausage and covered in shredded cheddar cheese

I mean come on, never has a big plate of brown and yellow tasted so goddamn good. Plus when you want sausage but don't want to form patties this is the ez mode breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                                X