No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 302. Canned Niblet Corn You totally saw this coming, didn't you?
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 303. The Pizza at Stadium Pizza in Jersey City To me, the sauce on a pizza is everything. An' dere ain't NO PLACE what makes a betta pizza sauce den dis place. Not even Nunzio's, my current fav'rite jernt in my new home town.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        300. Tostitos Hint of Lime Not so good for making nacos because they're dusted with the flavoring powder, but alone they're addicting. I can just keep cramming them into my gob until there are no more, if you'll let me.
        DEAR LORD. THESE AND HINT OF JALEPENO ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Opie Winston View Post
          DEAR LORD. THESE AND HINT OF JALEPENO ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
          H. . . hint of jalapeno, you say. . . ?

Comment

• YES. I don't know if they're regional or what or if they are still made but my gawwwd they are/were so good.

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• No, I just saw those the other day. I was intrigued, but went with my garlic/black bean instead.
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Trust me, they're worth at least one buy. If you no likie, it's cool we're still tight. But I wouldn't bullshit you about my cherps. Cherps is Srz Bidnizz

Comment

• 304. Pickled beets

The recipe my mom uses is my favorite. I'll post it at some point if anyone is interested. But damn I love me some beets. Careful not to eat too many or it'll look like you're pooping blood.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• LOVE pickled beets. MOAR VINEGAR!

Comment

• 305. Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes Would a home made version be better? No doubt in my mind. But this is a quick, easy and acceptable substitute in the same way Rice a Roni is.

Comment

• 306. Stove Top Chicken Stuffing For pretty much the same reasons as rice a Roni and the Betty Crocker potatoes. Got a nice, savory flavor and is RIDICULOUSLY easy to make. Good as a side or as a component in other recipes (mom used to make this thing with chicken cutlets pounded flat and wrapped around a dollop of this stuff, drizzled in cream of mushroom soup). Weeknight meals for people with kids run on sides like this.

Comment

• Nathan loves this stuff, I just don't get it. But then, I also don't do stuffing in general. (no comments from the peanut gallery)

Comment

• 307. Noodle Roni Angel Hair Pasta With Garlic & Butter This stuff is fucking addicting. I can eat a whole box pretty much by myself if left to my own devices. My wife & son love it, too, and honestly it's hard to remember to leave them some, sometimes.

Comment

• 308. Egg Noodles Polonaise Not nearly as complicated or fancy as it sounds. "Polonaise" in cooking means covered with a coating of melted butter mixed with breadcrumbs (a Polish cooking trick that can be applied to almost anything: dumplings, noodles, any boiled vegetable, etc.). What you do is melt 2 sticks of salted butter in a small skillet, and add enough unseasoned breadcrumbs to make a thick but smooth paste. Pour it over a pot full of boiled flat egg noodles, and mix well. I find this goes especially well with meats that are accomapnied by gravy.

Comment

• 309. Herb Encrusted Beef Tenderloin Roast Just picked thie one up frm one of the cooking classes my sister in law bought the wife and me last year. It's basically a beef tenderloin roast, covered in an herb (mainly parsley, w/ some thyme & garlic) paste, and then by a mixture of homemade coarsely chopped breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Cooked to medium rare, the crust is soft rather than crispy, but soooo loaded with savory, herbal goodness. Delicate enough to not overpower the flavor of the tenderloin, it's the perfect compliment for such a tender cut of meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X