No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croissant. You stuff the croissant with ham, egg, cheese, and bacon. That right thurrrr is your breakfast on a roll excellence. Back in my "I'm a fat boy and that's OK days" I would go to the kolache shop and get a couple kolaches as well as one of their croissants. What makes their croissants so amazing is they don't just cut it open and put the stuff inside. They baked the croissants with everything stuffed inside so when you bit into it there was a breakfast explosion erupting into your belly.

Comment

• And that didn't get a numerated entry because. . . . ?
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 280. Sausage, Egg & Cheese on English Muffin Split a couple Brown 'n Serves on top of an over easy egg w/ the intact yolk and melted cheese on top, and you complete the breakfast sammich trifecta (The long ago noted Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese combo being #3).

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          And that didn't get a numerated entry because. . . . ?
          Well you guys have pretty well covered that area. I guess I'll force myself to stop and grab one this week and take a picture for you guys and numerate it.

Comment

• 281. Homemade hash browns....WITH SYRUP

Oh, you like ketchup on your hash browns? Well you're a godless heathen. Hash browns are for breakfast. And breakfast requires maple syrup. Somehow I took on this trait that apparently some older members of my family that I've never met also enjoyed, but try it once and I guarantee you will never go back to your ketchup. Especially when that syrup slightly oozes off the hot salty hash browns and creeps into the scrambled eggs, giving just a hint of sweetness. Oh yes. Hash browns with syrup. I could eat it every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              281. Homemade hash browns....WITH SYRUP

Oh, you like ketchup on your hash browns? Well you're a godless heathen. Hash browns are for breakfast. And breakfast requires maple syrup. Somehow I took on this trait that apparently some older members of my family that I've never met also enjoyed, but try it once and I guarantee you will never go back to your ketchup. Especially when that syrup slightly oozes off the hot salty hash browns and creeps into the scrambled eggs, giving just a hint of sweetness. Oh yes. Hash browns with syrup. I could eat it every day.
              That rather depends on whether or not you add onions to the hash browns. If you do? Bravo!

If not, you are dead to me.

Comment

• I add onions to damn near anything. Onions are amazing. If you don't add onions you might as well just make the frozen shit.

Comment

• Good man.

Comment

• I'm going to add onions to my thin mints and send you a box.

Comment

• THERE IS NO EMOTICON FOR WHAT I FEEL RIGHT NOW!

*seethes*

Comment

• Too many onions spoil the 'browns, tho (IMO). It should still be an overwhelming ratio of potatoes to onions &/or peppers.

Comment

• Oh, I agree!

1/2 cup onions to 2 1/2 cups spuds is my ratio.

Comment

• I might go lower than that. Onions certainly have their place, and in certain dishes rightfully take center stage, but for the most part I'm not a huge advocate of large amounts of onions in dishes where they're to play a supporting role.

Comment

• 282. Ham egg and cheese croissant from Kolache Factory

For Iggy...

Just look at this buttery, flaky, stuffed to the gills deliciousness.

Comment

• 283. Pepperoncini Those vinegary, hot little peppers that come iin salads sometimes? I hate eating salads w/o them. I'm so glad almost everyone I know doesn't like them, because they all give them to me when we go get salads at the Olive Garden (screw you, lunch there is good), or an antipasto at a pizza joint or Italian restaurant. Pungent enough to make the cheeks sting. Bliss, I tell you. Bliss!

Comment

Working...
                                X