No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 270. Have I not included OG cheese enchiladas yet? Just read that Robb Walsh (you've all seen me sucking his dick off in food threads) is holding personal cooking classes for 12 people at a time to learn how to make great Tex Mex. He is holding a cheese enchilada class in a couple weeks. Now, it seems so easy. Some cheese. A tortilla. Heat. So wrong. So very wrong. What cheeses? What temperature? How much onion is going on top? How do we season it?

Make no mistake, cheese enchiladas are a balancing act. I still struggle with making a GREAT enchilada dish, and cheese enchiladas are the most difficult. Anytime I visit a Mexican place I try one of two things, their cheese enchiladas or quesadilla. If they can make cheese enchiladas (or even fajita enchiladas) then they will get repeat business, but if not, you're gonna die a slow death Mr. Restaurant.

Comment

• 271. The Cheese Enchiladas at Jose Tejas Gooey melted cheese with green chiles and enchilada sauce. Probably not the world's BEST enchilada sauce, but they're still awesome. Even more so generously sprinkled with hot sauce.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 272. The Motherfuckin Big Mac Yes. I went there. There's a REASON these motherfuckers, despite being a symbol for all that is bad in corporate America, and their rapacious destruction of the rainforests, and the nutritional abysmal-ness of their food, have served over a trillion of these fucking things. On many levels, I hate Mickey D's as an entity, too.

But sometimes? Ya just gotta have a fucking Big mac.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 273. The Double Quarter Pounder I think I like these even better than the Big Mac.

Comment

• 274. McDonald's Fries I normally don't dig on shoestring fries, but there's something about Mickey D's fries. I know lots of people who are entranced by these fucking things.

Comment

• 275. Waffle Fries The bigger fries are, typically the better I like them. Why? Because I can get more delicious Heinz ketchup in my maw. Steak fries are my favorites because they're just big enough, but NOTHING gets you more ketchup per square inch than waffle fries.

Comment

• 276. Quarter Pounders with Cheese. Sure I'll join Iggy with the McD's love. I wish these were just bigger, that's all - more to love. When you get a nice hot fresh one, they're fantastic. Second the love for the fries, too, Iggy.

The sad thing is, since paying attention to my nutrition and weight, I barely go to McD's anymore. A couple times a year maybe, usually if I'm PMSing really badly. But just because I haven't gone much in the past 10 years doesn't mean I love them any less.

Oh, and by the way - skinny, prissy girls who get all shrieky about how they positively HATE McDonald's? Are usually fucking liars.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I don't know you people anymore.

Comment

• Once in a very blue moon will I go anywhere near a McDonald's. When I was hitting the gym, I lost all my appetite for anything from them. Wound up rediscovering the glory that is Scooter's on Rt. 9 in Howell, and DAMN if those guys don't know how to make a slider that goes down good and fills ya up.

Besides, Wendy's > McDonald's. And if Burger Chef was still in existence around here we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Comment

• You're both eebil.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• 277. The Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich Seasoned just right, with that sweet yet spicy sauce (and a little horseradish sauce, too, if ya please). . . a welcome change of pace from burgers and pizza when fast food's the thing ya gotta do.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                          277. The Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich Seasoned just right, with that sweet yet spicy sauce (and a little horseradish sauce, too, if ya please). . . a welcome change of pace from burgers and pizza when fast food's the thing ya gotta do.
                          If you've been drinking all day, these can be the gatekeeper to your second wind.

Not that I've done such a thing.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                            If you've been drinking all day, these can be the gatekeeper to your second wind.

Not that I've done such a thing.
                            Now, see, I'm enough of a lightweight that I confess - I've never been actually hung over. I've been close - I've had a bit of a sour stomach and a fuzzy feeling the morning after, but not what you'd call a full on hangover. But even during those moments, my favorite morning after food would be...

278. Bacon, eggs and cheese on a roll - it's a cholesterol bomb, but it's a classic NYC deli food.
                            Last edited by Lisa; 01-16-2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• 279. Bacon Egg & Cheese on ENGLISH MUFFINS Rocked a few o' these this morning. Gooey, sloppy, runny over-easy yolks that drip down into dippable pools on your plate are the icing on the cake.

As an aside, since I ate these I've been contamplating this posting. The fact that Lisa posted hers today is freakin' uncanny, man.

Comment

• You can fit more on a deli roll than you can on an english muffin. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X