No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's less a. outrage than it is a tragedy.

Meatloaf is home cooking at its best/easiest.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• But I would think that blue cheese and brown sugar would not jive well, no? I typically don't make spicy burgers because it doesn't mix great when I just them with blue cheese. Next time I am making mass burgers and go spicy I'll give it a try.

No one ever made meatloaf in my family. We were a fried chicken, chicken fried steak, pork chop house. I can't eat pork chops anymore because it was my dad's favorite thing so my mom would come home and Shake N Bake pork chops 3 or 4 nights a week, quite literally. The smell of fried pork chops makes my sister and I gag.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Is your mom's meatloaf recipe in the thread or should I expect a dry ice package from Fed Ex?
        No, I have to try and think up a recipe for it. Mom's meals (passed down from my Nonna) were always, "a pinch of that, a bit of that". It's fabulous, though.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I put up my basic recipe.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• 268. Blue Cheese Burgers All the talk of these and I don't think anyone's posted about these yet. I love burgers and have always loved blue cheese. I read somewhere that blue cheese was great on burgers (in a cheese mail order catalog, I think. Sneaky, genius bastards). So I tried this and wept for all the years of burger blue godness I had thertofore missed out on. I sometimes put ketchup on them, too. Is that a crime in anyone's eyes?
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I haven't posted them? If not I fucking suck. It's pretty much the only way I make burgers anymore, stuffed with a fuckton of blue cheese and peppered with cayenne and salt.

Comment

• Just curious: got a favorite kind of blue for this application?
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Those sound like absolute heaven. I have to try that next time we hit Jackson Hole (the burger chain around here).
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 269. General Tso's Chicken - best Chinese food EVA!! Especially the kind that has a few japaleno's in it for regional heat.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      Just curious: got a favorite kind of blue for this application?
                      I don't. I tend to use so much blue cheese in each burger that no way could I buy the good stuff. I buy the tubs of store brand blue cheese. It's maybe not as potent as some expensive stuff, but it still has a strong flavor and works fine. Plus you can lose so much cheese when it melts out of the patty that it's a waste to use expensive stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        269. General Tso's Chicken
                        Yes
                        Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        the kind that has a few japaleno's .
                        no
                        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• 270. Mashed potatoes covered in cream gravy. It's the best. When the potatoes are silky smooth and the cream gravy is hot as hell, and then you add in some pepper and mix it all together. So fucking delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                            Yes

no
                            I understand the no-love for the jalapeno's but it's a once in a blue moon thing and it's literally like two slices just for a tiny bit of heat. Still I get it, not for everyone.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I think it's just the combination of flavors that would get me. Plus, the little red devil peppers that are in there already pack plenty of heat for me. Especially if I'm not paying attention and bite into one.
                              "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                              - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                              http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                              http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• OHHHH NO NO NO NO NO, the type I'm talking about forgoes the reds for a few jalapenos and it just gives it a different type of heat. Adding jalapenos to the already existing reds would be overkill. I should have been more descriptive.

Comment

Working...
                                X