No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 263. Diet Coke with enough limes to choke a horse and it's family.

Also from Sonic.

Crushed ice is a gift from Valhalla.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 264. Salt Crusted baked Potatoes Picked this trip up from the Lone Star steakhouse chain. You scrub your russets, puncture them a couple times with a fork to vent the steam, and while they're still a little wet, generously apply kosher or sea salt to the skins. Bake directly on the oven rack for 2-3 hrs. Crispy, salty, perfect-vehicle-for-sour-cream-or-butter-or-other-dairy-product deliciousness.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 265. Steve Raichlen's Lean 'n Mean Texas Barbecue Sauce NO SUGAR. AT ALL. This is the best barbecue sauce EVER. Ain't nothin' better on ribs.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• This sounds like crazy talk to me.

No one in the history of ever made a sauce worth two duck vaginas that didn't have at least some brown sugar in it.

Having said that, this is as good an excuse as any to go out and give it a try on some ribs.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 266. Steak Roll Ups With Kielbasa A recipe I got from Polish Heritage Cookery: spread brown mustard on one side of a thin piece of steak, place a few sliced onions & a stick of kielbasa (quarter a segment from a ring for best results) and roll up. Dredge in flour & brown in oil, then bake. Steak AND kielbasa? How can it get much better?

Comment

• I like hot and spicy foods. So, apparently, do a lot of Texans. Don't get me wrong, there's some good BBQ sauce with sugar in it, but I often omit or cut down on sugar in lots of recipes for lots of things apart from BBQ sauce anyway, so this was just an idea whose time had come, IMO. Besides, it's easy to overdo the sugar. I ate dinner at a restaurant in West Virginia once, after a hard day spelunking. EVERYTHING on the goddam menu, from the barbecued beef to the beans to the fucking potato salad had so much sugar in it I wanted to gag. And yet, the cornbread (which IMO is supposed to be sweet) was salty. Inbreeding does a palate wrong.

Comment

• I agree completely. It's why BBQ pisses me off, since most places (apparently my peers and family are for shit in choosing somewhere decent) seem to relish the idea of making everything taste like everything else.

Variety is good.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• A bit of brown sugar in your BBQ sauce is ok, but on everything else? Never heard of such madness.

Comment

• I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Bland sauces on the pork shoulder of Orion...
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-08-2011, 02:58 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You've never put brown sugar in your hamburger Billy? Or in a meatloaf? Change that, STAT!
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• 267. Chicken Pad Thai. Weight Watchers is going to have to take a backseat tonight for dinner. I just walked for an hour out and back to the vet, and I'm starving! I know I could eat something sensible, but this is the only thing that'll do right now.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                          You've never put brown sugar in your hamburger Billy? Or in a meatloaf? Change that, STAT!
                          I have never had a meatloaf in my life. Ever. And in my burger? Good golly no, no, no.

Comment

• If I ever made my mom's meatloaf for you, you'd change your tune, Billy! You've honestly never had meatloaf? That's Un'merican!
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• It's not like I have anything against it, just never had it. I would totally try it if someone made it for me. I even asked Brittany once and she said she has ate it before, but has no recipe. Is your mom's meatloaf recipe in the thread or should I expect a dry ice package from Fed Ex?

Comment

• *looks at Billy weird* NEVER had meatloaf? That's just....wrong.

I'll admit to never putting brown sugar in my burgers (or meatloaf) for years until a friend of mine did at a BBQ he had at his house. Changed my mind completely. Really does compliment the beef (especially if you lean towards spicy on the other seasonings).
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X