500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    206. Cheez It Snack Crackers Accept no imitations! The original Cheez It is the best. I can munch on hese things til they run out (and often do). A mellow yet hearty cheddar flavor, and impeccably crispy (as opposed to the often soggy Cheez Nips imitators). I mean, does it get any better?
    Mother fuckin' YES. The BIG Cheez Its are one more gooder BTW. Discipline and waistlines come into play, as I can easily destroy a box with a big glass of milk in no time flat.

Comment

• *Bigcheezitfist*

Those things are my downfall- and now my children's as well.

Comment

206. Cheez It Snack Crackers Accept no imitations! The original Cheez It is the best. I can munch on hese things til they run out (and often do). A mellow yet hearty cheddar flavor, and impeccably crispy (as opposed to the often soggy Cheez Nips imitators). I mean, does it get any better?
        GIVE MEEE ALL YOUR CHEEZ ITS NAO!! I could eat those till I pass out!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 210. Lean 'n' Mean Texas Barbecue Sauce A recipe from Steve Raichlen's Barbecue Bible, it's a nice level of spicy, with NO sweeteners added. One gripe I have with many (particularly Kansas City style) BBQ sauces is they tend to be very sweet due to all the molasses, brown sugar and corn syrup used to make them. Some sweet to balance the flavors is OK at times, but more often I want my sauce to be spicy and nothing but. THIS is the best sauce I've found for that purpose. Slathered on ribs or brisket. . . like ice water in hell. This and a few other recipes for homemade sauces in that book have all but ruined me for commercial sauces (I can TASTE the preservatives in KC Masterpiece & Bullseye now! Damn this cultured, spoiled palate! I don't always have time to make my own sauces dammit!). Best of all, it keeps for months in the fridge and is very easy to make. Although I omit the bacon drippings (which are an optional ingredient). Even I'M not THAT crazy.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 211. KFC Original Recipe Yeah, I know it's horribly bad for me. But my wife hates it, so I don't eat it all that often. I have never had a fried chicken I like more. Many just seem dull & all but flavorless by comparison, and I'm not that big on crunchy as a texture most of the time, so the fact KFC Original tends to be a little soft works.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

211. KFC Original Recipe Yeah, I know it's horribly bad for me. But my wife hates it, so I don't eat it all that often. I have never had a fried chicken I like more. Many just seem dull & all but flavorless by comparison, and I'm not that big on crunchy as a texture most of the time, so the fact KFC Original tends to be a little soft works.
              OH YEAH, BABY!!!

In fact, George and I were joking around the other night that for Thanksgiving, we should just pickup a big bucket of KFC, with all the "Thanksgiving-y" fixings - the mashed potatoes and gravy, the corn, the biscuits. It was a joke, but lemme tell you - it's tempting.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 212. The Cheesecake Factory Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Imagine a really good (albeit not frozen) vanilla ice cream married with a really good, thick, rich cheesecake. That's exactly what this is. Elegant & understated (kind of surprised my big bold flavor likin ass likes it), but nothing short of sublimely delicious.

Comment

• 213. Cheesecake Factory Dulce de Leche Caramel Cheesecake Cheesecake & caramel are a combo that works so well, I'm amazed it isn't exploited even more often than it is. The caramel is ooey and not too sweet, the perfect compliment for the slight tartness of the cheesecake. I go to the Factory a lot because it's my wife's favorite restaurant (the irony? She DOESN'T like cheesecake!), so I've had plenty of opportunities to sample the extensive cheesecake menu. This and even more so the aforementioned vanilla bean are my hands down favorites.

Comment

• 214. The Blackened Chicken at Jose Tejas Hot, spicy & juicy. Like a good Naw'Leans woman. I love this restaurant (there's 2 that I know of; 1 is luckily right by my office in Fairfield, and the other in Menlo Park), and hot, satisfyingly spicy dishes like this one, that don't cater to the wimpy American palate are a large part of the reason why. Viva, Jose!

Comment

• 215. T-Bone Steaks Steak is a traditionally manly food (I daresay more guys' nights out and bachelor parties start at steak houses than any other kind of restaurant). Maybe it's more for the psychological effect of ordering one, the manliest cut of all, but the T-Bone is my favorite kind of steak. I order strips more often, because they're smaller and generally cheaper, and I don't always feel like clogging quite so many arteries as a T-Bone would. But strips are awesome in & of themselves; maybe not as tender as a filet, but close. And they're robustly flavored. Sometimes a filet alone is the way to go for a buttery soft tender piece of steak. But combine the two into one gigantic hnk of meat, offering the best of both. . . ? Life is real good for awhile.

Comment

• 216. My Home Made Steak Burritos Thinly sliced strips of steak (cut's not so important; I often cheat & pre-cut use stir fry packs). Cooked in olive oil, seasoned with a couple pinches of cumin, garlic powder, oregano, cilantro and a few somewhat more generous pinches of chili powder. Grate cheddar & monterey jack cheese into some flour tortillas, spread the beef, some salsa (the hotter the better) and some red beans & rice over the cheese. Roll up the burrito (I never seem to do this well), and sprinkle w/ a generous portion of both cheeses. Microwave for 1 min or until cheese melts, & douse liberally w/ hot sauce. Again, the hotter the better. Serve w/ a generous dollop of sour cream and more of the rice & beans on the side. I like few found in restaurants better.

Comment

216. My Home Made Steak Burritos Thinly sliced strips of steak (cut's not so important; I often cheat & pre-cut use stir fry packs).

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFF
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Not so outrageous; traditionally, fajitas and burritos are made with skirt steak, which is flavorful but tough & needs to be cut very thin or pounded into submission, if it isn't tenderized via marinade.

Comment

• 217. Blueberry Delight One of my aunts discovered this little gem in a magazine or something: lay down a layer of graham cracker crumb crust in a deep rectangular pan. Spoon vanilla pudding on top of it. Spoon blueberry pie filling on top of that. Doesn't sound like much, but trust me when I tell you the cinnamon in the graham crackers and the vanilla in the pudding combine w/ the blueberry sweet/tart flavors in a way that's nothing short of astonishing. I could eat half a pan at a sitting; it's just addicting.

Comment

Not so outrageous; traditionally, fajitas and burritos are made with skirt steak, which is flavorful but tough & needs to be cut very thin or pounded into submission, if it isn't tenderized via marinade.
                                Want skirt steak to be beautiful and soft and tasty? Put it in a pan with some Coke and brown sugar overnight. BE AMAZED.

Comment

Working...
                                X