No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love to make a tomato based soup with vegetables, breakfast sausage, and seasoned with old bay.
    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• And that's not being added as a favorute food because. . . . . ?
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 181. Hot Sopressata The Italians clearly make the best lunch meats for some reason, and this is one of the best. Kind of expensive, but a little goes a long way. It addsa unique flavor and nice level of heat (if it's done right; I recommend Boar's Head because they do). I don't think I'd like a sandwich made with just this, but to accent a salami or ham-based sandwich. . . there's no other lunch meat that quite does what hot sopressata can do.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          The Italians clearly make the best lunch meats for some reason
          Well, we don't like to brag....
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

And that's not being added as a favorute food because. . . . . ?
            Ok,
            182. Chesapeake style Sausage Soup
            This was a dish born out of both cheapness, and ingenuity, but it turned out tasty. I had planned to make Maryland Style Crap Soup. When I got to the store, I got all of my ingredients (soup veggies, red potatoes, tomato sauce and paste, old bay seasoning), and turned to get the crab, when my jaw dropped at the price. It was like 13 bucks for a little half pound container. I wasn't about to use the fake shit either, because, really, screw that shit. I decided to keep what I had and look at a different store later in the week. I forgot to ever do that, and on the night we intended to make the soup, the only meat we had was some breakfast sausage in the freezer. We tried it, and it was great!

Comment

• Recipe, please!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                Recipe, please!
                Here you go!
                http://forums.podcaust.com/showpost....&postcount=935

Comment

• 183. Boo Berry Quentin Tarentino has gone on record saying breakfast cereal is nature's most perfect food. I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's pretty far up there. And the best of the best in this most amazing categoty? The rarest, occasionally hard to find of the Monster Cereals: Boo Berry. Franken Berry & Count Chocola are both good, make no mistake. But there are other cereals that kind of taste like them. Nothing tastes like Boo Berry. Fruity, sweet, just crunchy enough, and accompanied by those lovely, lovely marshmallows. . . . Cereal just doesn't get any better.

Comment

• Iggy- I have all three of those in my cabinet right now. The boys and I LOVE them. My favorite is Franken Berry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                      Thanks, Chris!

Comment

• 184. Blueberry Muffins I don't know if I've ever HAD a bad blueberry muffin. That moist, corn muffin deliciousness enhanced by a judicious sprinkling of plump blueberries. . . Do muffins get any better?

Comment

• 185. Eileen's Banana Nut Bread A secretary at work is a gifted fucking baker. The other day, she made this killer banana walnut bread (and lots of it, thankfully). It was sooooooo moist, it practically stuck to you, and was positively LOADED with chocolate chips. Best of its speciaes, IMO.

Comment

• 186. Salted bagels People put all kinds of shit in bagels. Raisins. Strawberries. Cheese. Onion. Garlic. Poppy seeds (hatehatehate). But, aside from a once-every-few-years garlic, the only flavored bagel I really like (and I like them A LOT) is the salted bagel. Little chunnks of that opaque whhite salt like you find on pushcart pretzels all over it. . . if it's done absolutely right, it'll burn your tongue when you eat it. The only problem is deciding if you want butter or cream cheese on it.

Comment

• 187. Pushcart Pretzels I'm sure Lisa is with me on this. A phenomenon uniquely New York is the unbelievable proliferation of pushcart vendors all over the streets. Nowadays, you can get all kinds of stuff: honey roasted nuts, shish kebabs, knishes, sausages (hot or sweet), etc., etc. Used to be only hot dogs and pretzels. But oh, what a glory those pretzels were. Hot, just a little crispy in parts, but sometimes a little soggy at the joints in the middle bottom (which I kinda liked better for some reason), and coated in a crunchy dusting of rock salt. The only viable destination for the otherwise vile yellow ballpark mustard. Manna from a pushcart. Mall chains try to reproduce this glory, and fail miserably, with one exception. The Philadelphia Pretzel factory makes the closest facsimile I've ever tried, and I recommend them (although who ever thought PHILLY makes better pretzels than New York needs to be committed for the safety of society at large). The mustard dipping sauces and bite size rivets are nifty innovations. For those wo don't live in or near a big city with street vendors being a common feature. . . I feel sorry for you. I am curious what other cities' street food scnes are; some of LA's taco truck madness has been alluded to in other threads; what else goes on on the streets, culinarily speaking?

Comment

186. Salted bagels if it's done absolutely right, it'll burn your tongue when you eat it. The only problem is deciding if you want butter or cream cheese on it.
                                LOVE THESE, but I do knock some of the salt off to cut down on the burn. And the only answer to your second part is - cream cheese!

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                                187. Pushcart Pretzels I'm sure Lisa is with me on this.
                                She is! I still maintain that the pretzel vendor who's at the bottom of the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art has the BEST pretzels in all of NYC!

Comment

Working...
                                X