No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 159. My Wife's Chicken Parm Lasagna Yes, you read that correctly. Chicken Parm. Lasagna. Imagine, if you will, a delectable lasagna (featuring marinara AND white bechamel sauce) with breaded, fried flattened chicken cutlets inside. [Turns on Brad Pitt Voice] Souuund gewd? Yeah, I thought so. I brown bagged it to work for years, and very rarely brought leftovers, usually bringing sammiches or salads. THIS ambrosia was the only exception. Three times. In one week. It must be experienced to be believed.

Well, I guess this' as far's we get today. We'll inch a lil' closer to 500 tomorrow. At this rate, we'll be done by, ohhhhh. . .next August, I reckon.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      It's not ketchup...

It's catsup.
      KETCHUP was brought to England from Indonesia. It descends from a local condiment called ketjap manis. Catsup is a bastardized, nonsensical abomination.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        KETCHUP was brought to England from Indonesia. It descends from a local condiment called ketjap manis. Catsup is a bastardized, nonsensical abomination.
        Catsup...

*glares*

Comment

• 160. The Bent Potato Chip
          You know the one. This is the chip that the bubbling grease has railed so hard against it that it has bent into the shape of a bent taco shell. No matter what style of chips you're eating, admit it, the bent one is always the best one.
          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• 161. Lay's regular Potato Chips I love flavored chips as much as the next man. And some of those will follow shortly. But like the bag says, so light, so thin, so crisp. . . no one (myself definitely included) can eat just one. They are the soul of potato chip simplicity: just potatoes, vegetable oil & salt. A goodly, highly seasoned amount of salt. And they ARE really light & crisp. Wise chips, for example, are good and also a simple potato/oil/salt combo, but are thicker & crisper. More potato flavor? Maybe so. But BETTER flavor? Not IMO, anyway. Wise also get burnt a lot. Sometimes the brown chips are kind of nasty. And they seem to have a larger concentration of green ones, too.

Comment

• 162. Matzoh Ball Soup It's kind of like chicken soup with a a big ball of pre-crumbled & soggy crackers already in it. With a generous splash of hot sauce, this is my favorite lunch at the diner soup.

Comment

• Regular Lay's are good, but sign me up for cheddar and sour cream my good man.

Comment

162. Matzoh Ball Soup It's kind of like chicken soup with a a big ball of pre-crumbled & soggy crackers already in it. With a generous splash of hot sauce, this is my favorite lunch at the diner soup.
                  My SIL makes the BEST matzoh ball soup, with a recipe passed down from her grandmother. The difference is she doesn't just use chicken broth - she actually adds shredded pieces of chicken along with it, which makes it amazing. I've tried ordering it like this in diners, only to have them look at me like I'm a weirdo. "Hon.. do you want chicken soup, or matzoh ball soup? Because you can't have both. I can put a matzoh ball in the chicken noodle soup if you want."

"Can't I just get a little chopped up chicken added to the matzoh ball soup?"

"No."
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• And no big salad, neither.

Comment

And no big salad, neither.
                      I kid you not, there's this diner in George's hood that we just don't even bother with anymore, because I can't make any kind of off-menu requests there anymore. And it's always the same fucking waitress, this lady with this Marlboro Reds voice telling me "no" in her "LongAYlund" accent.

"Can I please get:

a) the matzoh ball soup, but with a little chicken chopped up in it?"
                      b) the sliced bananas and the sliced strawberries mixed together, like a fruit salad?"
                      c) a side of steamed broccoli instead of french fries?"
                      d) a multi-grain bagel?"
                      e) low-fat cream cheese/mayo?"
                      f) none of the above"

The correct answer is apparently F, because for each one of those actual, for real requests, this bitch has said to me, "Awww NAWW, honey, we can't do that."

Thank god for the fact that Long Island is made up entirely of diners - we have about two million other choices.

Last week, we found an awesome place that had everything I asked for. A multigrain bagel, low-fat cream cheese, sliced bananas and strawberries in one bowl, etc. As soon as I was done ordering and the waiter walked away, George imitated the other waitress and goes, "Awww NAWW, honey, you can't do that here."

I was like, "Bitch isn't seeing my face around there anymore!"
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Regular Lay's are good, but sign me up for cheddar and sour cream my good man.
                        Yeah, those are CHOW. Still, nothing beats All Dressed chips for the Canadian win. Unbeatable.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• What Lisa has been experiencing is the Five Easy Pieces "Chicken Salad Sandwich" scene.

My father would quote that scene constantly.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• 163. Hash Browns (The Shredded Kind) I like potatoes prepared in just about any form. But right after thick-ass french fries would have to be shredded (as opposed to patty style - like at Mickey D's for breakfast - or Southern style - the little cubes of potato) hash browns. With a little salt & a lot of KETCHup, the best breakfast side there is. Just a little crispy without being all out crunchy like home fries; they retain just the right amount of tenderness, and soak up the flavor of the buter they're sauteed in so very nicely. If these are prepared just right & served in sufficient quantity, they can overshadow every other item in a breakfast.

Comment

• Hash browns are ALWAYS shredded.

Comment

• I just now noticed the Matzoh Ball Soup post was post 666 in this thread. Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X