No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iggy, come to Houston so I may take you to One's A Meal Greek Cafe. It will fuck you up as they actually have the best margherita anywhere in the world.

Also!

153 - Lamb Shanks - One's A Meal in Montrose. Do I need to explain this? A Greek place with amazing lamb, served on a bed of rice and massive sliced carrots. A great way to start off a night of drinking. If the lamb is too rich for your blood the calzones are pretty incredible as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
      That woulda made a great 152. [Sigh]. If only that could happen somehow. . .

And I wanna make a pilgrimage to Delta, PA. Who's with me? With a name like "Delta", Vin's probably the fucking mayor.
      Ha! Delta is a drive through town at best, I'm not sure if they have an actual mayor. It's a weird little township, it's entirely built on dead slate and marble mines. Most of the marble that D.C. is built from came out of that little place, and it used to be a booming town, but when the marble dried up (decades, maybe a century ago) the town died. I lived there for 5 years, and it always felt like a ghost town. Now it's famous for being right next to a major nuclear power plant (Peach Bottom), and for growing a particularly strong strain of weed known as Delta Skunk. I think it got voted #1 on high times one year, and apparently is Mick Jagger's pot of choice. Good old Delta.
      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• 154. Hooters 3 Mile Island Hot Wings Say what you will, Hooters knows how to make wings. It's a little hard to find good wings south of Albany, which made my return home from college in Upstate NY - where I had developed an addiction to hot wings - somewhat traumatic. But Hooters wings are big and meaty. 3 Mile Island is their second hottest sauce (truth to tell, I've never had a real desire to try 911, their hottest, because these are just so good). It's got a nice high but tolerable level of heat. They're almost as good as most of the wings you'd get upstate, where every pizza joint makes & delivers them. And hey. . . the view's nice, too.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
          154. Hooters 3 Mile Island Hot Wings Say what you will, Hooters knows how to make wings.
          Yes!!! Finally someone else who enjoys Hooters wings! The only on by me closed a couple of years ago, and it was a sad day in my life when I found out.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• 155. Cafe Du Monde beignets Dear God are these things sinfully good. Light, puffy, covered in powdered sugar.

Yeah.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Those look like what we call zeppoles in this part of the country; am I correct? If so, I'm totally with ya. My wife's one & only pregnancy craving was for zeppoles. Trouble was, for some reason we couldn't find a place locally that made them. It was getting late, too, so we had to find them FAST, and she was getting more agitated by the minute. We finally located one in Watchung, and drove out there, She sent me inside to buy a bag. The guy behind the counter told me he just sold out, but could make a new batch in ten minutes if we wanted to wait. I went back out to the car & told my wife this and asked if she wanted to wait. She screamed back: "YES I WANT TO WAIT! GO BACK IN THERE & GET ME MY FUCKING ZEPPOLES!!!" I recall thinking "Oh, God! Six more months of this?!" But I was fortunate in that this was the only episode of craving she exhibited.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Beignets. The only reason to visit New Orleans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Beignets. The only reason to visit New Orleans.
                  Eat a wang...

You forgot 156: The Muffaletta

Any sandwich which contains marinated olives, then layers of capicola, salami, mortadella, emmentaler, and provolone, is worthy of Zeus.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                    Eat a wang...

Any sandwich which contains marinated olives, then layers of capicola, salami, mortadella, emmentaler, and provolone, is worthy of Zeus.

My friend. Vin is my friend. A good friend. A worthy friend.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Eat a wang...

My GF has never had one. I keep meaning to rectify this, but we aren't really close to a good place.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        My GF has never had one. I keep meaning to rectify this, but we aren't really close to a good place.
                        Make your own! The original olive mix from Central Grocery is a guarded secret... but the one from Progress Grocery tastes exactly like it, and they sell it online.

http://www.nolacajun.com/Progress-Gr...ive-Salad.html

Comment

• 157. Breaded, Fried Chicken Cutlets Something magical happens when you coat certain meats in bread crumbs & fry them in oil. This magic can be enhanced by dipping them in the egg & breadcrumbs twice, & it works w/ pork chops, veal cutlets, and especially chicken cutlets. I think they're probably best with just salt, but I love barbecue sauce on them as well. Tonight's dinner, and a long (TOO long) time it's been. Tummy = happy.

Comment

Eat a wang...

Jesus christ yes. I would kill someone for one of these right now.
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• 158. Breaded, Fried Pork Chops Preferably big, thick, & boneless. Like their chicken relatives, great w/ just salt, particularly when double dipped. But for some reason, I LOVE ketchup on these. NEVER on chicken or veal cutlets, but on pork chops? Even better than BBQ auce for some reason.
                              Last edited by IggytheBorg; 10-21-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• NO KETCHUP ON PORK CHOPS, YOU BAD, BAD MAN!

But breaded and fried? Hell yes!
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X