X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just stare at them... then say "You got this, right?"

100% of the time, it works EVERY time.

Comment

• I never had to worry about it until Lesley's parents were involved. Offer to take us out and apparently that means "we'll eat with you but you need to pay for you own stuff".
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 131. Sharp Provolone Cheese Boars Head makes an excellent one that goes well with any lunch meat from salami to turkey, IMO. Easily my favorite sandwich cheese. But the Belgioso domestic provolone in the artisan dairy case is even better as a table cheese. Firm & slightly waxy in texture, with a slightly salty, earthy flavor. Belgioso is so good, there's never been a need for me to even try an import. with an Italian cured meat & some olives & crusty bread, one can make a delightful meal.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I love doing the "oh no, please let me pay" and then letting my GF's parents pay. Feels fucking great to look like you're not a moocher.
          I have to practically wrestle my elderly parents to the ground to let them let me pay. I mean, I have to intercept the waitress' hand as she's putting the check down, grab it from her as I thank her, and sprint to the register to pay. And my folks both walk with canes now, so it's not like they can chase me down.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 132. Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill

This stuff is like crack to me. Spicy, creamy, shrimpy...*drool* Just doesn't get much better that this. If you haven't had it, I highly recommend it, but be forewarned, it can be quite spicy. Guess it just depends who's making it.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• 133. The #5 Combo Sandwich at Hobby's Delicatessan (Hold the Coleslaw)

A traditional corned beef/pastrami combo triple decker on rye. W/ Russian Dressing. It comes w/ coleslaw in its "natural state", but I hate coleslaw as a general rule, so I have them hold it. With a lil' Gulden's mustard added, some of the famous half sour pickles, and a knish w/ sour cream, this is one of the few reasons to actually visit Newark. The only drawback is you'll be so stuffed, it'll hard to evade the muggers on the way back to your car.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                I don't make grilled cheese very well, however. I always seem to burn them a little. Standard ones, that is. I don't particularly like Tyler Florence, but I heard him say something once: he & his culinary school buddies discovered that you can take the simple concept of grilled cheese and tweak it just a bit (using exotic cheses, different breads, or adding a lunch meat) and fool your friends into thinking it's some gourmet shit. Tried this a few times (although I can't recall the combos) and he's fucking absolutely right.
                Just did this for dinner tonite. Go to recipe thread for the combos if intersted (& trust me, you should be).

Comment

• 134. Killer Brownies from Dorothy Lane Market

DLM is a 3 chain grocer around Dayton that makes the best brownies ever. I shit you not. My personal favorite is the 'Not A Nutter' Killer Brownie because I prefer not to have nuts in my baked goods. They ship anywhere in the country(hint, hint)! A word of warning: Split these bad boys between two people...or at the very least, cut in halves or quarters and spread out the nomming.
                  http://www.dorothylane.com/index.html
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• 135. Franks & Beans A favorite comfort food from childhood. Mom used to sautee the sliced franks (Best's, of course) in a little butter before adding the beans (& it was always Campbell's, because they're the only ones that aren't sickly sweet w/ overdone brown sugar, & therefore the best). Heat until warmed thru, serve w/ some bread & butter (to pile the franks & beans on, causing the butter to melt& drip thru the bread). My wife can't understand my attraction to this, so I rarely have it. She also prefers the sickly sweet kind of baked beans, too, so even when I do make it. . . it just isn't the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                      134. Killer Brownies from Dorothy Lane Market

DLM is a 3 chain grocer around Dayton that makes the best brownies ever. I shit you not. My personal favorite is the 'Not A Nutter' Killer Brownie because I prefer not to have nuts in my baked goods. They ship anywhere in the country(hint, hint)! A word of warning: Split these bad boys between two people...or at the very least, cut in halves or quarters and spread out the nomming.
                      http://www.dorothylane.com/index.html
                      I think the only thing that could possibly make this thing better would be if the white powdery substance on top actually turned out to be cocaine.

I mean. . . it's not. . . is it. . . ?

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                        135. Franks & Beans A favorite comfort food from childhood. Mom used to sautee the sliced franks (Best's, of course) in a little butter before adding the beans (& it was always Campbell's, because they're the only ones that aren't sickly sweet w/ overdone brown sugar, & therefore the best). Heat until warmed thru, serve w/ some bread & butter (to pile the franks & beans on, causing the butter to melt& drip thru the bread). My wife can't understand my attraction to this, so I rarely have it. She also prefers the sickly sweet kind of baked beans, too, so even when I do make it. . . it just isn't the same.
                        When I make mine, I use Heinz Vegetarian Beans. Just a hint of sweetness. I also use them for beans on toast, and for the odd occasions I make a huge fry-up for breakfast like my mom did.

Comment

• The avatar conversation w/ Lisa's is just too fucking funny. Wait ago, & you will be repped as soon as I spread sufficently.

Also, 136. Boiled Potatoes So simple. Ya peel em. Ya boil 'em. You don't even mash 'em. But they are the perfect vehicle for so much. Butter & salt & pepper, or gravy being my personal faves. Does anything go better w/ corned beef? IMO, these are even more quintessentuially St. Patty's day than mashed potatoes, & no other form of spud will accompany my corned beef & cabbage, thank you very much!

Comment

• 137. Corned Beef Hash All apologies to bacon & sausage, which I love dearly, but this is my favorite breakfast meat. Probably because I love corned beef in general so damned much. When made at a good diner, they get it just a little crispy in the bottom. Try as I might, I have not been able to successfully replicate this at home. It's certainly damned good w/o this little extra, but can't be touched when it's included.

Comment

• 138. Chocolate Covered raspberry Jellies These have always been my favorite part of any box of chocolates. You can keep all your creams, half the nuts and 1/4 of the caramels, but give ME all the jellies and I'm a happy guy. To this day, every once in awhile I try to peel the chocolate of them to see if I can get a jiggling square of red translucent jelly that I can hold up to the light like a fruity, sugary, delicious ruby. In ring, block, stick or bar form, these are the best thing to happen to chocolate since caramel. Put them in the fridge, and they get just a little crunchy, and they're even better, if you can believe it.

Comment

• 139. Buckeyes

The candy. Not the asshole football team. On top is the real thing and at the bottom is the candy. Peanut butter, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar mixed together, rolled in a ball and dipped in chocolate. Mmmmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X