No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 129. Fresh Ricotta Cheese Technically, ricotta isn't "cheese" per se, because it's made mainly from whey, a by-product of cheese making. But who the hell cares? Somehow, it gets a soft, creamy, almost cottony texture. This stuff is light years ahead of the Polly-O stuff in the plastic tubs in both flavor & texture. Generally slightly sweet, some brands made w/ lemon juice have a citrus-y note. The ONLY drawback to it is its extremely short shelf life. It starts to solidify & lose a lot of its character in 3 days or so. Aged versions are made, but I've never seen one for sale. But I will be keeping my eyes peeled for them. Oh, yes I will. If you're lucky enough to live near a store that stocks this stuff, or an Italian deli that makes a good version, do try some. You'll thank me later. Last but not least, it pairs well with wheat beers.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
      Up until a couple of years ago, this was what we had for Christmas dinner. Then all my whiny, cry-baby cousins(we do a big family affair) decided that the goose had to go. Now I'm sad. God how I miss the Christmas goose
      You know, I've never had goose. What's it taste like? Is it anything like duck? Is it oily like duck (which, mind, I don't think is a drawback)?
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It's like duck... but more rich. There is a fattiness to it, but no more so than duck. When stuffing one, it's best to go with fruit flavors like apple or something citrusy. I usually stuff with a apple-rice mixture with brandy.

Comment

• god I can't wait to eat our turducken this year.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            god I can't wait to eat our turd this year.
            I am 12.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Well it should be pretty tasty.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Who knew Rob was watching Salo?
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Iggy, there is a tiny store in the town I hunt near, and they carry this AMAZING pepper jack cheese by the block. When I head home I usually stop and grab like 10 blocks of it. I'll try and remember and grab some for you and your addiction.

Comment

• 130 FREE

Definitely my favorite meal. I'm eating an actual FREE lunch right now and it's awesome.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• *BROFUCKINFIST*

One of my best friends is fairly loaded (rich family) and he pays for me practically every time without fail when I go out to eat with him and his girlfriend. I've started throwing money at him just because I don't want to look like a mooch, but free challah french toast or machaca with black beans and home fries is the shit on a hungover Saturday morning right before the beach.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Sometimes I feel bad when we're out to eat with my parents or Jess' parents, and they wont let me chip in on the bill. Then I remember that I pay for everything my kid (and soon to be kids) eat, and probably always will, and don't mind.
                        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• I never feel bad when people want to pay for me. EVER.

Comment

• I love doing the "oh no, please let me pay" and then letting my GF's parents pay. Feels fucking great to look like you're not a moocher.

Comment

• Yeah, I pull my wallet out every time. Terrified one day they'll take me up on it at a nice expensive place.

"Well, if you insist!"
                              "Fffffffuuuuuuuuu...."
                              "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                              - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                              http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                              http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• That's EXACTLY what my dad did to me, so now I always just make him pay, unless it's his birthday.

Comment

Working...
                                X