No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most definitely, one of the best desserts ever.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B View Post
      111. Cannoli; every spot is different, some are good, some are bad, but they all make us happy. No chocolate on mine though.

YES
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• leave the gun, take the cannoli.

And yeah, let's ease down on the suggestive pics/gifs, please.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• No chocolate? Madness. I love them to death. I had one from an excellent bakery not long ago...and it was a mess. Fuck, I am going to have to go to my super secret hidden in the burbs best Italian place ever restaurant soon. I always get dessert. Cannolis, and

112. TIRAMISU

Recognize

Comment

• Let's bring the cake heavyweights

113. Opera Cake

Almond sponge cake soaked in coffee syrup, layered with chocolate ganache and coffee buttercream, covered in chocolate icing.

Refined and decadent. Cake Perfection.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
              Well, B...

Cannolis ARE cream filled...
              Draper was probably cream filled in that gif.

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              112. TIRAMISU

Recognize
              YES! We may be doing a big tiramisu cake for my mom's birthday in November, we haven't decided yet.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Let's bring the cake heavyweights

113. Opera Cake

Almond sponge cake soaked in coffee syrup, layered with chocolate ganache and coffee buttercream, covered in chocolate icing.

Refined and decadent. Cake Perfection.
              That's an amazing looking thing! I've never heard of it, but I want it. Yes, I do.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• It's like a Strasbourg Pie, but not so meat-filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                  That's an amazing looking thing! I've never heard of it, but I want it. Yes, I do.
                  It's easy to find in a French bakery. Worth the mullah. Not ever-priced, but not cheap either.

Originally posted by V View Post
                  It's like a Strasbourg Pie, but not so meat-filled.
                  Never heard of a Strasboug Pie before, but I want to put my penis into one now.

Comment

• 114. The Cannoli Cake at The Primavera Regency

While we're on the subject of the best cakes we ever ate, I'll list mine. This was a yellow cake with cannoli filling between the layers, covered in a buttercream frosting (& shaped like a castle to go along with the wife's fairy tale theme; awwwwww, how cute!). I enjoyed the shit out of my wedding day, and it was due in perhaps a larger measure than is normal for most people to this awesome, awesome cake. I almost want to invent a catered affair to have there again just so I can get more of this. I've never had or seen its like anywhere else. ALL the food they served was exceptionally good, but THIS item was the creme de la creme. Perfect ending to the reception.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 115. Golden Delicious Apples

How aptly named ARE these things? Sweet & juicy, they're light years ahead of their red brethren which I always found to be kind of dull & flavorless, actually). Unquestionably my favorite kind of apple.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 116. DEEEEEEEEEEEZ NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
                        Smoked Almonds to be precise. Just as delicious on the ground as they are on Southwest Airlines, if you ask me. I mean, look at em!
                        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• 117. Meatballs (beef) with a great spaghetti sauce. Many times I don't even require the pasta!
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 118. Wensleydale Cheese Probably the best cheese to come from England after cheddar & Stilton. Subtle, tangy, and semi firm in texture. Picture cream cheese with the consistency of young cheddar. Or maybe a slightly firmer monterey jack. According to Neil Gaiman, Olympus practically ran on the stuff. Pair a wedge with some sourdough bread, and you'll see why.

Comment

• 119. Monterey Jack Cheese Yeah, I'm all about exotic imported or artisanal cheese. But there's nothing at all wrong with the humble jack. Mellow, creamy & slightly tangy, it compliments a cheddar-driven plate of nachos or burrito really well. And Boar's Head sandwich jack goes really well with the blazin' Buffalo chicken breast lunchmeat. Is dry jack better? More complex, & sharper, sure. Different, most definitely. Better? Not at all.

And since I didn't get to post yesterday, 120. Fresh Pineapple Sweet and puckeringly tart all at the same time. I do avoid the fibrous cores, though. If there is any drawback to this delicacy at all, it is the fact that it's a bit of a chore to clean/peel one, and sometimes they can be expensive. But the reward is SO worth it at the end. Little known fact: pineapple is goos for the digestion. It can settle an upset stomach (a theory I put to the test - successfully - after many a drunken binge in college; I would rejoice some Saturday or Sunday mornings to see pineapple in the brunch salad bar). I passed this nugget along to some others, who later attested to its veracity. Heavy drinkers take note! Keep a can around for the morning after & give this a try. As if you NEEDED another reason to love pineapple, it has medicinal qualities to boot!

Comment

• 120: Rolaids/Tums

For when YOU like the dish but it DOESN'T like you.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X