500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
    I used to work with a guy who put ketchup on everything, including a cold ham sandwich. Made me wanna barf.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      I could have sworn I've seen bread that is half rye/half pumpernickle right down the middle.
      When we were on vacation, I had toast at this one breakfast place that was half rye/half pumpernickle swirled together. I'm guessing they just took both kinds of bread dough, laid one on top of the other, and then rolled them into a loaf shape. It was SO good!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Yup, that's marble rye.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Oh! That's a marble rye!

"Give it up, ya old bag!"
          "Help! Stop that young man! He stole my marble rye!"
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Yup, the infamous bread from Seinfeld.

Interesting fact, my dad used to take me to the bakery that supplied the food for that episode.

And don't forget these:

Comment

• Yeah. Look to the cookie, Lisa. . .
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• That would be the famous "Black & White" cookie.

I prefer the "Blue & Whites", myself. The blue frosting has a kind of berry taste to it.

Comment

• oh my god black and whites
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                    Yeah. Look to the cookie, Lisa. . .
                    Crap! You beat me to it! "Look to the cookie, Elaine!"

Those things are damn good too. They're actually so thick and chewy, they seem almost like a little bit of a cake to me.

Comment

• 103. Bacon.
                      Bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon.
                      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                        103. Bacon.
                        Bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon [etc.].
                        'Bout fuckin' time. I was wondering what took us so long to get to this.

104. Pecorino Romano Cheese On an impulse yesterday, whilst taking a spin thru the cheese section at my local Stop & Shop, I bought a wedge of this stuff. Cut off some slabs to eat with dinner (penne w/ red sauce, and some roasted garlic bread from the bakery section). I had forgotten how good this stuff really is. It's terrific grated in large quantities over marinara sauce soaked pasta (hell, almost any pasta for that matter), but IMO even better eaten in hunks as a table cheese. It's very salty (which is a large part of the reason I like it), so it's probably not suitable for that purpose for everyone. But it's got a nice waxy, almost crumbly texture and a hit of sheepiness (it is a sheep's milk cheese). Nowhere near the depth of flavor of parmigiano reggiano, I'll grant you. But it is a hell of alot cheaper, and enjoyable on a different level. I was so disappointed my son didn't like it. He thought it was too salty. Oh, well. More for me!
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                          'Bout fuckin' time. I was wondering what took us so long to get to this.
                          True, but it's not like bacon needs to be spelled out around here - it's kind of a given!

Comment

• 105: The Zep...

A local concoction, it meets my approval for sandwich-like foodstuffs.

Read... and envy me!

Comment

• LOVE ZEPS!! The whole thing looks fabulous, but the shot of the olive oil and oregano soaked into the bread is enough to make me happy!
                              Last edited by Lisa; 09-22-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• That's my girl...

Comment

Working...
                                X